Feeding Problem: 2 Grazers 1 Overeater

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you're feeding dry food at all, perhaps instead of leaving it out, put it in a feeder ball. This would force your cat to work for his food and encourage more physical activity. Which shouldn't hurt your other two cats either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc0000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you're feeding dry food at all, perhaps instead of leaving it out, put it in a feeder ball. This would force your cat to work for his food and encourage more physical activity. Which shouldn't hurt your other two cats either.
I actually have a feeder ball. My cats pretty much ignored it when I tried it out but it would be great if they would use it.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc0000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The amount that bonepicker feeds -- and your 193-calorie cans, too -- would work for a lot of cats. Every cat is different and there are lots of factors to consider, like starting weight, target weight, activity levels, and the like.

@LTS3
is great at these weight/calorie calculations and might have some thoughts for you on how much to feed.
My two normal weight cats are 9 and 10 pounds, indoor only, spayed female neutered male and lightly active.

Tigger, the overweight cat (neutered male, lightly active), used to be my parent's cat and they fed him way too much. He is somewhat longer than the other 2 cats, but, at 18lbs he desperately needs to lose weight and be probably in the 12-15lb range. I do not want him to become diabetic, have heart issues, fatty liver, etc., so I need to slowly get him to drop a few pounds.