Feeding our babies??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faythe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I think you are right with that, lol like I said I had been looking into this here and there prior to yesterday but then yesterday just became so frustrated again with the whole food situation because it seems no matter what I give them they have problems with the bathroom. Whether it's grain free, grocery store, wet only, wet and dry, mega bucks or cheap lol.

So yesterday evening pretty much all through the night I read everything I possibly could before my eyes fell out of my head, on my mobile mind you. ^_^

And what you said seems like exactly what I got from it. My only concern is, and I guess like you said I should probably ask someone who has done this whole process already, when you start off solely ground and adding the supplement for all the essential nutrients and then you want to start to transfer to the frakenprey. Obviously you have to do it gradually. But some of the organs and bones and stuff have the nutrients and when you are completely frakenprey you really don't need many added nutrients at all because they get it all from the different body parts.

So how would you account for slowly addint some bones and organs while still making sure they get the exact amount of vitamins and nutrients, but also not overdosing them on any of them. I read that a few of them are water soluble and fine if they get extra, but some can be toxic if they get too much.

Ughh so confusing lol. But I really want to do this because I want my babies to be healthy. Again last night I went into the bathroom and my male was furiously trying to purchase his crap and the whole bathroom smelt really bad. And I have not given them any dry food in a few days. And they got wellness yesterday because I did not know what else to buy because they won't eat the friskies anymore. Also this morning when I went in the bathroom there was poop smeared on the side of the box and flicked on the side of the tub and little pieces on the floor. I think this is from the kitten because she is not very good at burying her waste yet and I have not found a solution yet at teaching her. She usually tries to scratch the walls instead of the litter and then Baby will end up going in there and burying it for her.

I had to boxes set up for them but they refused to use the second one once I had them introduced. So it was just wasting space. I would love for them to use separate boxes so I could keep better track of who is having problems with their bathroom habits but it just didn't happen.

I'm at a loss now, I don't know what else to try besides this. Now they both are having smelly soft stools even with 2$ a can food. It just seems like the best thing for them all around. I have to go today and get a small piece of chicken and see if I can get them to eat any of it.

I know Baby has eaten cooked chicken off my plate when I have been eating it. Let's see how he likes it uncooked lol. Good luck with your kitty. I hope it works out good for you too. I will definitely look at what you got on Amazon. Did you need PayPal for Amazon?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
People in the raw forum can answer all your questions
.  I switched from ground raw to "boneless Frankenprey" overnight.  There are a few of us who do that.  We just sprinkle the supplements on top of the strips of meat (or in my case, I dissolve them in a little water to make a gravy) and the cats lap them up with their meats.  One member even posted pictures of all the food dishes (she's got 8 cats) lined up as she was preparing the meals, first adding the meat, then organs, then the calcium powder, then this and that. 

But, back to canned food, if you have a cat that doesn't like pate, and you are looking for low carb canned food that isn't pate, that is fairly inexpensive, you  might try Petco's brand of Soulistic.  The only ones that are truly low carb are the ones "in Gelee".  They have one, "Aromatic Chicken", that seems like it's just shredded chicken in a gel type sauce.  Lots of chicken!  It's so thick with chicken in fact, that I have to add a little water to thin it down.  (I have one cat who does NOT eat raw)

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Baby has eaten cooked chicken off my plate when I have been eating it. Let's see how he likes it uncooked lol. Good luck with your kitty. I hope it works out good for you too. I will definitely look at what you got on Amazon. Did you need PayPal for Amazon?
I tried to get Oliver to eat a chicken wing tip tonight, as someone here recommended. He played with it for about 10 seconds then wandered off. It's still sitting there. Guess I'll clean that up here in a minute. He's just not about big pieces or bones. But we'll hopefully get there!

You do not need PayPal for Amazon. I use a credit card. I actually have an Amazon Visa, because I shop on Amazon A LOT, so those bonus points are good.

Also, I've asked several of these questions about including organ meat and such and how that affects the need for supplements here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/270574/pre-purchase-checklist-for-transitioning-to-pmr-diet

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

faythe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds good thank you. And I have read that every cat is different some will take to it right away, some will take months to transition very very slowly just by adding little chunks and every few weeks throwing some bigger chunks in until they build up their jaw a day get used to it.

I never realized how finicky they are, it's kind of cute lol they all have their own little personalities and what they will and will not tolerate. My two could not be more different in personality.