Feeding my kitten... Help!

kpg122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone :) I had the pleasure to give my three month old kitten a forever home and ever since he stepped foot into my house it's been a blast. However, I am really struggling with setting up a feeding schedule for him... I've been trying to do research but I can't seem to sort out all of the numbers; I know I should be feeding probably 4-5 times a day but I'm not sure how much food I should give him in those feedings. He's 4 lbs. and he's slightly more active than the average cat, can anyone give me an estimate? I would really appreciate it!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone :) I had the pleasure to give my three month old kitten a forever home and ever since he stepped foot into my house it's been a blast. However, I am really struggling with setting up a feeding schedule for him... I've been trying to do research but I can't seem to sort out all of the numbers; I know I should be feeding probably 4-5 times a day but I'm not sure how much food I should give him in those feedings. He's 4 lbs. and he's slightly more active than the average cat, can anyone give me an estimate? I would really appreciate it!
Hello K kpg122 and kitten! and welcome to TCS!
A kitten of three months should be fed a high quality kitten food, basically according to the can label directions or as much as he will eat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feed the kitten as much as he will eat :) Kittens are bottomless pits and need tons of food for growth. You can't overfeed a kitten and kittens don't get fat. Many people leave a bowl of dry food out and provide a couple canned food meals daily. Canned food portion sizes will vary among kittens. Some will eat an entire 3 oz can within minutes and still demand more while others may eat less than a whole can. Just adjust the amount according to your kitten's appetite.