Feeding instructions

creiswitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have two adult cats and two new kittens and I am just confused on how much to feed them.

I have been doing a can and a half per day for all four of them, obviously the kittens have different food, and then I leave dry food out all day for them to eat. I go through a lot of dry food so I'm feeling like I need to cut back to one candidate per cat. My one cat is starting to become overweight he's always been on the line.

I don't want to under feed anybody! I also don't want anybody to become unhealthy. Both the kittens are very obviously putting on weight.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm assuming you're feeding the kittens their multiple-times-a-day canned meals separately, and then picking up the plates, but would there be any way that you can have kibble that's for the kittens in a location that the adult cats can't get to? I don't know if you'd want to do this but some people who have similar issues take a big polyurethane box, install a cat flap that can be set to open for specific cats (Are the kittens microchipped yet?) and put the kibble in that.

Like this;
Redirect Notice feeding station

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

creiswitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply! So I also give the cats their own dry food. So each cat is getting 1.5 can wet food a day and able to munch on the dry food throughout the day. And yes, I pick up the wet food (which they normally all finish) after about 30 minutes!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I was looking for an example of that feeding station that I linked in my post above, while you posted :)