Feeding Friskies wet food? :(

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can relate to that because over the years I've had an awful time making food switches in this house.
Recently, (for whtever strange reason), my crew has seemed to be a little more amenable to diet changes, so I am trying to take advantage of it.

My pocketbook is the one doing the objecting now!

I am determined now though to try and get them al on a healthy meal plan and hopefully drop some of the weight off my one porker.

It's really a difficult thing with sometimes 11 cats in the house at once who all seem to eat normally and one piggy that wants to clean up all their dishes. *sigh*

I hope you can settle on something that is comfortable for you and Twtch. I oprobably wouldn't be always searching for a better diet is it wasn't for my sweet round Nugent.

Good luck!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

It's really a difficult thing with sometimes 11 cats in the house at once who all seem to eat normally and one piggy that wants to clean up all their dishes. *sigh*

Good luck!
I'm glad I'm not the only one.. See I feel I have to strike a balance.. The two younger kitties would probably eat just about anything, but not that much of it. Zakk will only consistently eat food that is in a gravy... I discovered this as soon as he came home at 6 months old. As far as I can tell, Rocky will only eat friskies turkey & cheese. I don't want to just feed turkey & cheese, but I want rocky to eat wet at least sometimes.. So I feed that about 1/4th of the time and switch around friskies flavors and throw in some other brands once in awhile. If I see a new good brand I will check it out.. I was experimenting with natural life for example. The first few times they ate about 1/2 of it. Then they just gradually just starting leaving most of it. It's annoying because it is 2 to 3 times as expensive and I end up throwing out a bowl of dryed up food...