Feeding ferals/strays

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Tommie 2 has a place to sleep-my neighbor who lives at the end of the lane next to me-her well its not a building for a vehicle but its good sized-the roof was damaged last fall. I see tracks coming from that direction so I think he's sleeping there. That will change sometime this yr as they will be tearing that building down. I'll have something for him by that time!!

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really did consider using straw, except these kitty shelters are being placed on public property, owned by our village. I am actually HUGELY surprised, that nobody has taken and dumped the kitty shelters I have left there, so far! If I left straw in them, it would add to the disheveled appearance at that building overhang area. I am trying to keep that area as low-profile as possible, and so, I DO check those shelters every day, to make SURE they are dry and clean. It is infinitely easier, to grab a few wet or damp woolen blanket sections, and replace them, then and there, with nice warm dry blanket sections, than to try and drag straw bales up there in my car and lug them back from the parking lot, all the way back to that overhang area where the kitty shelters are located! BUT, I agree with you, as I know, for a fact, that straw is a VERY good insulator and kitties and dogs etc will use it successfully, to stay a lot warmer in winter, as long as it is kept dry.