Feeding cats milk and tuna

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aries

This probably has no foundation in modern science but I occassionally find that old wives tales have some basis in common sense that we have lost over the years. Anyway...

My grandfather was a fisherman (professionally). Well, he would never let anyone in the family eat milk and fish together. He said that it poisoned the system or something like that. But we have eaten tons of fish over the years and no one drinks milk with it because maybe he knew something that we didn't.

Just a thought...
I've had milk with fish...plenty of times.....
And I haven't been sick, had the flu or even a cold in 5 years...so ummm yeah....

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As I said, it was just a thought. Sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed the AAFCO canned "Tuna for Cats" as a dinner treat occassionally, the same way I order pizza for myself occassionally. I don't see anything wrong with doing this. Lola likes tuna, it IS marinated in vitamins and once in a while won't hurt her. When I go to get my 2-3 week supply of canned, I pick up one can of tuna. Otherwise, this is generally a lamb and/or poultry house.

Any kind of seafood tends to make Leo sick and he's good at avoiding it on his own. Plus I have heard that seafood flavors are more likely to help males develop crystals in their urine, so just to be safe, we stay away from seafood with him.