Feeding a hungry stray

happygolucky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
.hi, there is a stray that comes around when hungry. She went into heat and i feel it is useless to try and bring her in as a house pet. I've heard the animal shelters let people foster cats until they get an owner.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can afford it, take her to the vet and have her spayed.  Ask them to tip her ear so that others will know she's spayed.  You could also get her tested and vaccinated at the same time.  Maybe in the future, you can work to befriend her more and possibly get her inside if you're willing to adopt her or foster her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

happygolucky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. There is someone to call that helps with this. She was heavy and she lost weight so she might have kittens. This has complicated things.

catman513

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can feeding a hungry cat ever be the wrong thing to do?

Most everywhere his foster cat shelters and if you are willing to sponsor the cat that will solve the problem. I think our nearby shelter will take a minimum of $10 a month to foster a cat until a home can be found.

Last edited:

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would feed the cat and try to friend it so you can see her tummy and you will know by her teets if she has kittens. I'd try and find them while they are young enough to save them from becoming ferial.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

happygolucky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
.hi, there is a stray that comes around when hungry. She went into heat and i feel it is useless to try and bring her in as a house pet. I've heard the animal shelters let people foster cats until they get an owner.