Feed a Fever, Starve A Cold, or...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Aww Michele - hope you feel better soon. Another good one is hot water with honey and lemon dissolved in it. It tastes nice
; the sugar in the honey gives you energy and soothes a sore throat (although is not medicinal at all) and the lemon gives you vitamin C - helps you body fight off infection. Plus the hot drink helps to act as a decongestant. All of its affects are only mild but it's a nice soother.
I can't stand honey in "cold meds", but I love honey! it just tastes too sickly sweet for me.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm,
when i havent had breakfast its a big no no for me to get into the bath because i will be weak for the rest of the day! but im actually a weak person physically :cries:

Stay in bed for most of the day but i find it if i walk back and forth to the kitchen every so often i dont feel so sick as i would when staying in bed the whole day.
Drink lots of water and juice.
and eat rice with "brodo" now let me find what that is in english i think a cube stock that you put in water and its like soupy?

Dont add salt to your food all it does it make you really dehydrated.
and dont eat much carbohydrates.
If you can, drink carrot juice. I dont know why but it is really refreshing.
Other than that drink warm tea, dont drink it with milk though because that will upset your tummy
hope you recover soon

toys

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

Is it "feed a fever, starve a cold," or is it "starve a fever, feed a cold" ? I always get them confused. Either way, hoever, there's no appetite...

Does anyone know what to do for a fever and the 'flu? It seems I've got the flu....aches, pains, fevers and chills, cough and congestion in my head. Blech.

I've got to get into the office for a few hours, but then it's home and bed/sofa for me for the next few days. Does anyone have a clue what I should do? I don't get ill often, but man, this has got me whupped. And I mean whupped.

Thanks in advance.

Best-
Michele
My husband says u can sweet out a cold I dont think thats true if i could just get some input because I know the antibodies kill the germs in youre body and if u stayed wrapped up to long then u over heat and get a fever which u really dont want so can someone help me out here

val:

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't sweat out a cold, you can, however, sweat out a fever causing it to break.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you posted this. I'm sitting here drinking some Airborne because I think I'm starting to get sick and I'm supposed to be traveling for work next week! Feel better soon!