Fear aggression - I want my lapcat back.

foofy cat lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hobbie HATES my cats. She tolerated Diesel, 'cause he was runty and would let her smack him upside the head (no claws!) every couple of days. She seems to think Rascal Scooter Libby, my outdoor shared-custody step-cat is invisible, and does not acknowledge him in any way.

She DESPISES George (who cannot understand and wants to frolic), hisses at Meepy for existing, and looks at Miku like she's a tasty snack.

I have to keep her seperated. George and Meepy know to stay the heck away from her craziness, but Miku has no idea and just wants to make a new friend, so at night / bad weather / whenever Hob's inside, either Miku's in the bedroom or Hobbie's in the basement. This isn't optimal. When Miku is put up, her and George howl at opposite sides of the door like starcrossed lovers. When Hobbie's put up, it just feels mean, even though she WANTS to go downstairs to get peace, it's still the basement.

Hobbie's got fear aggression. I know this because she would occasionally tear Diesel a new one when she heard a loud noise. Feliway hasn't really affected her, mostly 'cause she's not upstairs with the diffuser much. I've tried the remedy goo in the water thing.. No dice. I think her problem is that she's afraid of the others, and that's why she runs from them after screaming bloody murder. She didn't used to be like this.. I don't know what changed.

I want to try and get her to be Upstairs cat for the winter, so I can bring Rascal Scooter in to become the new basement cat 'cause he's far too feral to be an Upstairs cat.

What do I do? I've tried everything I can think of, so what have you got up your sleeve?