FDA Warns of Illness and Death in Pets exposed to Topical Pain Meds -- Article from truthaboutpetfoo

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just getting this in my news feed and I thought that it's an important warning to share.

Here's a paragraph:  "... The FDA has received reports of cats in two households that became ill or died after their owners used topical medications containing flurbiprofen on themselves to treat muscle, joint, or other pain. The pet owners had applied the cream or lotion to their own neck or feet, and not directly to the pet, and it is not known exactly how the cats became exposed to the medication. The products contained the NSAID flurbiprofen and the muscle relaxer cyclobenzaprine, as well as other varying active ingredients, including baclofen, gabapentin, lidocaine, or prilocaine. ..."

Here's the link for more details:  http://truthaboutpetfood.com/fda-warns-of-illness-and-death-in-pets-exposed-to-topical-pain-meds/

padfootandmoony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm I would be interested in the cream names that were used but I don't think I have anything topical with that in it.