Faye And Annabelle

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Everyone,

My name is Amanda and I’ve been a lurker for a while and just thought I would share our family cats with everyone! We are from Canada, and I’m a Graphic Designer looking for work.

It started when my brother wanted a cat to “annoy my budgies.” After months of convincing, the parents finally said yes. Knowing my brother, we on a manhunt for the perfect cat. The first cat we meet at a PetValu was named Faye, and it’s normally the first cat you always pick right? So after going to numerous other places, Faye was adopted.

After we adopted Faye, I wondered why we didn’t have a cat sooner since they were so amazing. Faye got me into volunteering at my local shelter with the cats since I was recently unemployed. I loved going to the shelter and spending time with the cats. A couple months later, they put out a plea for more foster homes, so I convinced my parents to foster. A couple months later they needed foster coordinators, so I did that along with fostering.

Our fourth foster was Annabelle. We didn’t know at the time, but we later realized that she was semi-blind. The vet could only assume she was like this since birth as she does a great job of navigating regardless. It took her a VERY long time to come out to be social as we later found out she had very bad gingivitis and was most likely in lots of pain. It took a month for her abscesses to finally go away before she could get her teeth cleaned, they had to pull two teeth out.

She was so attached to my mom (as she worked from home and was the one in the basement – isolation room with Annabelle.) And since she was special needs they didn’t want her to go into the shelter for safety so in late April of last year we adopted her.

We have now had Annabelle for a year and Faye for two years. Annabelle recently went to the vet for her yearly and her teeth are already getting bad and may need a cleaning again in a year or two. So we are trying to brush her teeth, but she screams bloody murder. We also put healthy mouth cat in their water.

Faye is our cat that is a dry food addict, pigs out and then throws up after. (Cat with grey tabby markets.) Annabelle is the cat that is always hungry and LOVES raw food. (Mostly white medium hair cat.)

Pics attached.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
6A0D3A0D-D745-4F54-93D3-EF65017A8AC4.gif
Amanda, Faye and Annabelle, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
5C457D61-91A3-464A-8699-043F4FA6677E.jpeg

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Great to hear that are doing fostering and you are volunteering at the shelter. Faye and Annabelle are lovely :happycat::lovecat4: Do post more photos of them please.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome Tabby Tom! :)

I actually resigned from the foster coordinator role in January as we had a new manager that... wasn't really nice. No one even said goodbye to me so I'm taking a break from the shelter for a bit. I might go to other organization but I'm not sure. We also haven't fostered for a bit as our house is currently under renovation.

Enough bad news, here's some better pics of the girls. :D

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Faye and Annabelle are beauties. :catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to the three of you! What very lovely cats you have. I'm so glad that you found us.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
They're beautiful! Good for you for fostering when you can and it's smart to take a break from volunteering when you need to instead of getting burned out and not wanting to do it again. :agree: