Favourite position in bed?

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep like the first one in that link... feotus. But I go on both sides during the night.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my left side, one leg stretched out, the other bent up to my tummy, one arm under my pillow and the other one holding bumpers paw so he can sleep too
then the other three dotted around the bed and my BF hanging off the other side complaining about cats taking over the whole bed. Duvet covering me but not touching my neck or feet - I am a fussy sleeper!

Interesting sleeping link:
http://www.wimp.com/sleepingstyles - what your sleeping position with your SO means (and we are talking sleep here!)

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WellingtonCats said:
I sleep on my left side kind of my tummy with my arm curled under my pillow
I sleep like this too
except I have my arm straight under the pillow!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the title of this thread!!

I always fall asleep on my back with my arms resting on my tummy

but when I wake up I'm always on my stomach

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

oh geez, my heart stopped when i read that... i was thinking.. 'oh no she didnt'
pardon me while i go get my mind out of the gutter...
me too!!!!!!!

I normally fall asleep on my belly or on my side with my knees curled in.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hm.. well.. I have to make a nest because I turn from side to side many times during the night.. right now I have... five pillows.. one goes in the middle (on top of the giant bear which I use as a first pillow because we dont have that many pillows in the house
) one goes on each side.... one goes in the right hand corner because the stupid water bed thing doesnt go all the way back there.... and I have one to go on the top of my head. Usually I first lay as close to (and on and over sometimes) the edge and then I turn around and curl up in the corner and then I straighten out and lie on my back a bit.... then I turn to the edge again and straighten out with my left leg hanging out into open space and then I can finally go to sleep. O_O If I wake up during the night (or morning) all I have to do to go back to sleep is turn to the other side. Its a bugger when the sheet comes up though and I end up just laying on the water bed itself because it sticks to my skin. I have a snuggle pillow too (a small one I stole from the couch) and I would probably need another one cept my blanket does good on going between my knees so my legs dont stick together.
I have like... an army fortress of snugglyness in my bed

Hm.. none of the positions really describe how I sleep xD except when I turn on my left side.. that's Foetus. I sometimes "freefall" and "starfish" when I cant sleep or cant get comfy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I also sleep on my stomach with my arms around the pillow.

This reminded me of something I had heard about a study that determined what your sleep position says about your personality. I found a link to an article about it.

Sleep Position Study
Interesting!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go sleep on my tummy, but wake up on my back (often with two kittens asleep on my head).

I used to sleep on my back til I watched NIghtmare on Elm Street. Anyone remember the bit with Johnny Depp getting sucked into the bed? Anyway, my runaway imagination insists that if I sleep on my back then Freddie will come and get me!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow..... I very nearly fell off my chair there!
Boyfriend and I tend to sleep back to back like bookends. I lie on my right side, with my right arm under my pillow... he sleeps on his left side with his left arm under the pillow. If I'm alone, I tend to wobble over onto either my belly or back - I need my man for stable sleeping!!

That's quite funny... I love the article. According to that, Rune and I are both "yearners" - People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it - but both finish up either a starfish or a freefaller!!

That's cool!

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i usually sleep on my left side. thats the side i have to lay on because ive been told i snore. but that doesnt really matter anymore because courtney hasnt slept with me now for like 2 months or so. she always sleeps on the couch. so i sleep by myself anymore. which i think is a problem but what do i know.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sleep like a cat!
I recall someone did a study that you could tell the temperature by how curled up your cat was. When you are warm you splay out to dissipate heat and curl up tight when cold to conserve it.

That said, I'm a side sleeper.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neonsohc

i usually sleep on my left side. thats the side i have to lay on because ive been told i snore. but that doesnt really matter anymore because courtney hasnt slept with me now for like 2 months or so. she always sleeps on the couch. so i sleep by myself anymore. which i think is a problem but what do i know.
Awwwwwww

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwwwwww
it is pretty sad isnt it. everynight if she tries to sleep in bed with me she always finds something to complain about and goes into the living room. we have lived together now for like 3 months and i dont think we have slept in the same bed together yet. she always complains its too hot, i breathe heavy, i snore or somethign else.

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwwwwww thats what happens when you start to live with someone, you find out what each others all about.

Talk to each other about it
sorry i have to laugh cause talking to her is like talking to a 5 year old. she will just block ya out. but im not getting into it anymore cause im sure she will read what i post then ill be yelled at and everything will be my fault.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my tummy with my left arm making a nest for my head under my pillow, myleft leg straight, and my right leg hitched up my side, touching my right elbow, with my hand tucked under my chin... I also sleep so that my feet hang off the bed (one off the side, one off the bottom) and I'm really short, so there's normally a foot or two above my head of dead space.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep under Cosette's butt! Seriously!
I sleep with a pillow over my head (Bradley snores a little and I don't do good with noise) and Cosette sleeps on top of THAT pillow. All I feel all night is the vibrations of her purrs coming through the pillow

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my tummy, face down or to the right, arms up above my head, legs splayed out in every which direction....it sort of looks like I've just been shot dead when I sleep!

Also, I have to have the blanket over my head.

Also, once I'm out...I don't move. At all.