Favourite Jeans....?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

In the vein of "what type of what do you like best", what jeans have you found to be the most comfortable and flattering?

I've had some luck recently with Mavi.
Tommy Hilfiger fit me best. I love boot cut!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wear a size 20 right now
so it's difficult to find a pair of jeans that fits well. I buy mine at Wal-Mart. I look for boot-cut to make a straighter line, and sits mid-waist because I'm very short so it has to sit right and not be up under my arms.

I find it's very very hard to find a good pair of jeans the larger waisted you get. I was a size 7 once.. I had no trouble then finding a good comfortable pair. ...

****dreaming about those days****

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Is flare at the bottom still in? This flatters my shape best, but I'm not sure if it's "in" anymore. I have no clue! Tight around the ankles always has made be look hippy. Plus it's so constraining. Thought I left that style behind back in high school, but it's reared it's head again!
Boot cut are the only stlye I'll wear! It really does flatter a "womanly" shape, ie, someone who actually has hips and a bum!
Those tapered jeans are so 80's!!!

Originally Posted by Lemur 6

They'll mellow like a good whiskey.
True though! You can't beat and old pair of jeans for comfort.

My favourite pair is a brand I'd never heard of - Manager. I got them at Winners and they're comfortable, not too low cut, figure hugging but flaired at the bottom.
My other fave is a pair I got at Gap.
I find I have trouble with jeans and all pants finding a pair that doesn't have a big gap at the back. Otherwise I have to go really low-rise, which I'm not really comfortable with.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well..you all are lucky!! I have to buy men's jeans to get the right length,usually Wrangler's. But now I'm getting my middle age spread and can't find them in a slim fit! I can't stand baggy jeans. It's not fun being built (well...almost lol) like a man!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Now I have a few new ideas to try.

This thread cracked me up as everyone said at least one thing in each post that I related to. My fave is "I really hope high-wasted jeans don't come back, but I also want a zipper that is more than an inch long". So funny. My comment would be, " I really hate high-wasted and hope they don't come back, however I want to wear jeans that don't show my under wear AND my bum to the world"!