Favourite clothing stores?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have Zara here as well... but I find their stuff too pricey for the quality.

Though gorgeous, their clothes appear to the "dry clean only" variety which is too much hassle, especially in the summer.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought a new wardrobe in one day (my bday gift from hubby
) so I'm an expert!

After a long day of shopping, I have to say Cato was the easiest experience, especially having graduated back into plus-size clothes. I bought several items there, all very cute. The stores are split right down the middle... plus size on one side, smaller sizes on the other. Each side is arranged so that what you need is easy to find. What I would consider business casual to not-so-casual. I even found a nice top marked down to $2.99!!! An early spring hold-out, had long sleeves.

I think they primarily sell their own brand of clothes, but the clothes out now were bright & cheery... I rarely wear bright colors but I loved the selection anyway! This was my first Cato experience... and I give a big

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Express, I cant really afford them though, so I usually get their stuff on Ebay *blush*

Otherwise I get some really good buys at my local thrift stores, and I do enjoy that..always nice to find a good buy.

And...there was a store in New York I LOVED and would hit instantly again...Strawberries.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Express, I cant really afford them though, so I usually get their stuff on Ebay *blush*

Otherwise I get some really good buys at my local thrift stores, and I do enjoy that..always nice to find a good buy.

And...there was a store in New York I LOVED and would hit instantly again...Strawberries.
You should check out Cheap Jack's (if it's even still there haha I haven't been there in a long time).. it's on Broadway in NYC. Really neat store.

I went shopping today I got 2 pairs of flip flops from Old Navy for $5 -- good deal. I also went to Forever 21. I got a really cute skirt, some bracelets, a scarf and a pair of undies for $30. I just wish they had shoes there!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I buy a lot online: Newport News, Old Pueblo Traders (I shop their local store, too), Shepler's Western Wear and the Pyramid Collection.

For national chains, I like Target, Ross, Old Navy and Dress Barn. Ross is hit-or-miss, though. The store on my side of town is nasty.

I shop a lot of local stores: Suzy's Deals (everything $5 or less), Rainbow, Western Warehouse and consignment shops. Buffalo Exchange and Twice as Nice have good quality resale. Fourth Avenue has a lot of vintage and funky boutiques. I have clothes from the 1880s to modern day.

For shoes, I'm all over the map: online, DSW, Steve Madden, Target, Payless. I never miss Dillard's annual designer shoe sale. This year, Jennifer and I bought Steve Madden pumps, for $11.00 per pair!

Mervyn's has really cute clothes, for the twins. I bought their swimsuits and birthday outfits there.