Favorites

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

I feel SO guilty, but I have to say I love Orei a bit more then Princess.
I don't know why. Maybe because the second cat is more bonded to cats, while the first is more bonded to people. Orei is also rescued. *sigh* I can't help but say that I am more bonded to Orei. Princess only comes to me for attention every once in a while, while Orei is almost always around me. Do you happen to love one of you cats a tad more then another? *sigh* I feel so bad. Am I a bad person? Am I alone in this?
no, you're not alone. Mouse was always a 'people' cat, while Pixel was a 'cat' cat - preferred cats to people. that's why i miss Mouse so much, & also why i'm glad Cable is a 'people' cat - she's doing a great job loving all over me!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really works out well in our house. Trent is Mommy's Boy, Ophelia is Daddy's Girl. We both have our "favorites" but I think it's more that the cats chose their favorites to bond with and we went along with it.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have 5 cats.....and yes I love them all.....but I do have my favorites. Shelby will always be mommy's girl......no matter how many cats we have. But it's not because I planned it that way.....it's more that it just happened because of the level of attention and affection. She was only 3 weeks old when I got her and she bonded to me so strongly....maybe because she was taken from her mom so young.

And I've noticed that Thomas is now beginning to build that strong with me also......since I've had him since birth. Yes....I've also had Cooper since birth too......but it's a difference in the cat's personalities too....and the level of affection THEY show. All of my kitties are very different....each have their own little quirks....and I love them all.

leosmum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

I feel SO guilty, but I have to say I love Orei a bit more then Princess.
I don't know why. Maybe because the second cat is more bonded to cats, while the first is more bonded to people. Orei is also rescued. *sigh* I can't help but say that I am more bonded to Orei. Princess only comes to me for attention every once in a while, while Orei is almost always around me. Do you happen to love one of you cats a tad more then another? *sigh* I feel so bad. Am I a bad person? Am I alone in this?
awww... honey..
nooo!!! You're not a bad person.. sometimes we do play favorites even if we don't realize it. I have to say Leo is my favorite out of all the kitties we own in the family. Maybe it's because he came to me.. and maybe it's because I've paid for all his Vet visits and i've taken all the responsibilites on myself with Leo... He's like my child.. and even though I give love and attention to the other cats in our family, Leo is by far the one who gets the most..
You're not a bad person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Your words have made me feel much better. You are all very understanding.