Favorite Things

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooh! howard, i like the pic of the wolf howling at the moon!

the hidden pictures in it are neat!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Great thread!

Some of my favorite things are still packed. I am not pulling out all of my "things" until we have all the rooms painted. It may be a long time until I see some of my favorites again!

Hre are a few that I DO have out:

My father used to be a door-to-door milkman. I collect old milk bottles from the first dairy he ever worked for:

This is a Salt Marsh Pottery plate. Although they are sold nationwide, they are made not too far from here. They are made by pressing the flowers into the clay and then painting the impression that is left.

I love all of my glass balls. I have bought a lot of tehm while on vacation.

I have always loved this picture.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Ok, I do like your statues but I am very impressed to meet another Female pinup fan!!
..I am the only one I know who is female! Many people ask if I am a lesbian if they don't know me but see the prints in my house..
Or they question my feminist tendencies as the work is considered quite sexist.
I just love the beauty and playfulness in 40's and 50's pinups like Vargas, Elvgren, Frahm, and then the women artists too (Pearl Frush, for example)

ANYTIME you wanna discuss pinups or show off your collection, pm me!!
I obviously haven't told anyone about my vargas Coffee table book!! lol We're a trio now!

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Me-n-my guys

Scratch my last reply-for some reason I didn't even think of my artwork!...

And here is Sir Edmund Hillary, conquerer of Mt Everest, handsome rogue that he was-I was up till 2 in the morning during a major hurricane doing this one..so far, he is my crowning glory. ( I had a heck of a time taking a picture of this, the flash kept reflecting off of the pencil, I hope he doesn't look twisted.)
Wow. That's amazing. You're very talented.