Favorite song

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Yep but I'm in not hurry. I'm still busy with The Human Equation trying to decide what part of it I like best. It's so hard to decide. Everything is amazing on it.
Definitely the lyrics, concept albums and songs that have lyrics that actually make you think make the music so much more enjoyable. It adds a whole layer to the music that keeps you coming back.
Of course, top vocalists and musicians certainly help. If you like the one female vocalist on that album, Marcela Bovio, she also sings on Stream of Passion.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Definitely the lyrics, concept albums and songs that have lyrics that actually make you think make the music so much more enjoyable. It adds a whole layer to the music that keeps you coming back.
Of course, top vocalists and musicians certainly help. If you like the one female vocalist on that album, Marcela Bovio, she also sings on Stream of Passion.
Marcela is incredible. And it's impossible not to notice James LaBrie, Mikael Ã…kerfeldt, Eric Clayton, etc.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Marcela is incredible. And it's impossible not to notice James LaBrie, Mikael Ã…kerfeldt, Eric Clayton, etc.
I wasn't sure if you were into Dream Theater or Opeth, Opeth having a mix of clean and harsh vocals doesn't appeal to all people, even though Åkerfeldt has an amazing voice. Heck, all of Arjen Anthony Lucassen's projects have top vocalist, certainly no shortage of people willing to be on his albums. Star One, for all it's sci fi cheesiness, has Russel Allen and Dan Swanö(another amazing vocalist - Sweden seems to have quite a few), among others and is very catchy. ...We've seem to taken over this thread a little.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite song at the moment is "If Everyone Cared" by Nickleback. There's another one I love too, but I can't think of the name of it or who it's by, although it sounds like Nickleback too. I just love their sound!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have millions of favorite songs! But a few that come to mind right this minute are;

Ruby Are You Mad at Your Man -Osbourne Brothers
Who Will Sing For Me -Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson and Ricky Skaggs
Would You Lay With Me in a Field of Stone -Willie Nelson/David Allen Coe

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought Amy Winehouse's CD and I am loving "Love is a Losing Game" love it love it love it!!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Mine are oldies, too! C'mon, fess up!
I love oldies too, it is my favorite music, I download music all the time and make my own cd's.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I got a 30 GB ipod so I can carry more songs. My fiance found a feature in itunes that will allow you to see how many times you will actually listen to songs all the way through, and tell you which ones you don't skip the most often.
I don't have a favorite, but definitely have "prefrences".
If you click on 'Play List' on the top list to the right then it seperates the songs into how many times they have been played- my top two are 'Short, Fast and Loud' by Fall Out Boy and 'The Story So Far' by New Found Glory

Glad to see Amy Winehouse get a mention- I'm about to put her on my iPod and a friend at work was drinking with her recently

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Hands open by Snow Patrol

I swore when i met a moron at my work placement last year who loved the band, that i wouldn't like them or their chasing cars song. Now that ive left there and they have this up tempo song i really like it

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything upbeat!!
Ummm.....Summer Love is a great one!!

Theres a few more but I dont know the person who sings them!!