Favorite pie

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread has the line "Pie, pie, I love pie" from the movie Michael running through my head

I don't have a fave - have yet to meet a pie I don't like
I do remember my mother's gooseberry pie fondly.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

This thread has the line "Pie, pie, I love pie" from the movie Michael running through my head

I don't have a fave - have yet to meet a pie I don't like
I do remember my mother's gooseberry pie fondly.
You sound like my father. He's a pie fan, too. Gooseberry is his favorite as well. I didn't think I'd ever run into anyone who had ever heard of gooseberry. Most people just give you a funny look. (I have to special order cans of gooseberries every time I want to make a pie for him.)

For those of you who've never heard of it...gooseberries are small, tart, green berries. Gooseberry pie tastes quite a bit like rhubarb pie...except maybe a bit tarter.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

You sound like my father. He's a pie fan, too. Gooseberry is his favorite as well. I didn't think I'd ever run into anyone who had ever heard of gooseberry. Most people just give you a funny look. (I have to special order cans of gooseberries every time I want to make a pie for him.)

For those of you who've never heard of it...gooseberries are small, tart, green berries. Gooseberry pie tastes quite a bit like rhubarb pie...except maybe a bit tarter.
Oh I know about gooseberries! My Gram had a gooseberry bush in the close lower pasture that was just across the road from her house. She had a 110 acre farm that some portions of went up both sides of a valley.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Oh I know about gooseberries! My Gram had a gooseberry bush in the close lower pasture that was just across the road from her house. She had a 110 acre farm that some portions of went up both sides of a valley.
Yes, the only time I have had gooseberry is when we lived in South Dakota. Had a bush growing wild in the backyard

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite pie is cherry, but it has to be served hot.

Favorite cake is chocolate.

Hate, hate, hate anything with coconut or raisins.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Ok, but don't you have one that you would perfer over any of those?
Alright, since you are going to hold my feet to the fire on this one, I'll go with apple crisp. Raisin pie is a close second. Now I'm hungry.