Favorite Perfumes/Colognes?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two personal favorite fragrances are Coco, by Chanel and Boucheron, by Boucheron. I always get compliments when I wear Coco....it's been my standard for over 20 years now. My favorite men's fragrance is Antaeus, by Chanel. If I smell Antaeus on a man....OMG....I melt!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love fragrances. Flowery ones tend to give me a severe headache, so I tend to stick with more spicey undertones. I'm lucky that my body chemistry allows me to wear pretty much any fragrance.

Sexual Perfume for Women by Michel Germain
- I didn't like this one when I first smelled it. To be honest when I first smelled the fragrance card it smelled like gasoline! After about 40 minutes of sampling all kinds of fragrances on sample cards, and going back to smell each one periodically, I settled on one that I really really loved! Surprise! It was the one that initially smelled like gasoline! LOL Turns out that note in the fragrance vanishes very quickly and the perfume is one of my favourites.

Raffinee Perfume by Dana
- I've always loved this perfume. It's hard to find now so I have to buy it at specialty fragrance shops. But it's worth it! It has a nice spicey/cinnamon scent that is not over powering.

Poison Perfume by Christian Dior

- I love this perfume on me. However, I've smelled this fragrance on some women and it really smelled like gerbil shavings on them. That was my introduction to the perfume actually. I used to work in an office and the boss's daughter used to come in and help out occasionally. She always smelled like gerbil shavings. One day I asked her casually about the scent she was wearing in my attempt to get her to notice that she smells like her gerbils. Turns out that it was "Poison" perfume. It really stunk on her.

FEMINITE DU BOIS perfume by Shiseido

- Probably my favourite next to Raffinee. It has a nice spicey/cedar /orange blossom fragrance. It's hard to find and I have to buy it at specialty fragrance shops or have it ordered in special.

I also can't stand when someone puts so much on that you smell them before they even arrive and for hours after they have left. A fragrance is supposed to be subtle and not meant as an announcement. It's meant to be smelled within your "personal space", which means someone has to lean in a bit closer to you to smell it. Outside your personal space it shouldn't be noticable.

Many don't know this, but the proper way to apply a fragrance is to spay it in the air and walk through it. That's all you need and all you should wear. Too much is over powering and down right nauseating to people in the area.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont care for perfume, and my fiance doesnt wear calone even though it smells great to me, but I love the smell of mens deodorant o_o LOL Axe rules, its my favorite smell.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I dislike any kind of scent on men, or any kind of air freshener in the house, I do love my one special fragrance: Spring Fever, by Origins. It's very bright and exhilarating, always makes me smile.

Sad thing is, I've never owned it: can't afford such luxuries. I was given a few tiny sample packages years ago and made them last... but they're gone now, so every couple of months, I step into an Origins store and take a lustful, longing whiff...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

My most favorite perfume has been Opium for years, however lately I have taken a real liking to Lily of the Valley.
Opium is my top perfume, although I do also use:

Truth
Cool Water
CK One and CK Be
Versace woman
Pleasures
Farenheit 360
Anais Anais

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read through all of the responses yet but here are my favorites:

For me: mostly I wear body sprays (VS or Bath & Bodyworks)
Britney Spears Curious

I just smelled a really nice one-- Paris Hilton, can't remember the specific name though.
I know what the bottle looks like.

For the hubby (he has some of these, others he wants and I think are yummy)
Calvin Klein- Energize, Eternity, Obsession
Dolce & Gabana
Polo Black
Burberry Men

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tierre and Heather -- Opium used to be mine, too! Back when I was younger and slimmer and my alter-ego was sort of a femme fatale wannabe.

These days, I've got plenty of femme, but not one iota of fatale...

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazing Grace by Philosophy is my all time Fav.
Clinique Happy
Beach by Bobbi Brown
Pink Sugar By Aquolina..smells like Cotton candy...it's fun!
Grapesicle Beauty Rush Body spray by Victorias Secret
Maybe Baby by Benefit

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Opium and Cinnibar, but unfortunately, I can't wear any kind of cologne or perfume. It makes both of us sick.
There is a girl at work that douses herself in cheap musk, and it makes me gag. I asked her several times to stay away from me, but she is so stupid she "forgets." I had a full blown wheezing, can't catch my breath attack, and thought I was going to have to be taken away in an ambulance, not for the first time over the stinking crap, and she finally went away.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Clinque Happy, and I like Coolwater. Lately my fragrance has been Sparkling Peach from Bath and Body Works.. I have the body wash, spray and sparkle lotion (they always sucker me in for a sale
)