Favorite Item of Clothing

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I am sitting here and keep seeing a spot on my shirt that I think is a bug. I have just discovered it is a hole in my shirt. This one is my favorite shirt for around the house wear. It is a Life is Good green short sleeved shirt, with the dog on the front and slogan Dog Gone. The neck is frayed. It has all these spots and stains, and now this hole. But I cannot part with it. I am cold today wearing it because the weather is chilly, rainy again, etc. I cannot bring myself to throw it out and will probably save it again through winter or maybe even wear it over a long sleeve tee in this cooler weather.

So I am wondering, " Do you have a piece of clothing" you absolutely cannot part with" that should have been thrown out long ago.

Last edited:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pair of silver cashmere socks that I really like. They are the only cashmere I've ever had and I'm a big fan of silver / pewter / gunmetal. They used to be so soft, like walking on little soft pads, but they've been washed so much I don't think there's any wool left. They don't have any holes in them, and still have the silver (although lot duller than used to be) but mostly they are now woven threads with no cush left but I still reach for them often anyway.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a pair of Clarks boots that I absolutely love. They're certainly nothing special, just a plain pair of brown boots with (maybe a 3-inch heel). But I love those things and I probably should have bought two pairs while I was at it because I've not been able to find them since. They're not in bad shape (yet), but I know that if I don't give them a break, they're going to be broken down.

I just bought a pair of boots in burgundy. If it weren't for the higher heel, I could easily fall in major love with them. I love burgundy anyway and these boots just rock. Alas, they have a 4-inch heel, so I try to limit wearing them to once or twice a week, only to work, not to the mall or any place I'd have to spend a lot of time on my feet. But man, they are gorgeous. I have more than a bit of a boot fetish.

As for clothing that should have been thrown away long ago, I have a decades-old grey sweatshirt. It's old, it's holey, and it's stained with paint...all kinds of colors (green from when I helped my sister paint the kitchen, cranberry from the last time I painted the wall in the living room; a bit of redwood from painting the tiki bar in the back yard, now storm cloud grey from painting the bedroom). It's my go-to for everything sweatshirt. Every time I do laundry, I think I should probably just toss it in the junk pile for the landfill or the recycling pile for textiles. And yet, it finds its way back into my sweatshirt drawer. I have tons of other sweatshirts (at this time of year, I live in them), but there's just something about that old grey sweatshirt that is so cozy and warm. I wouldn't wear it shopping, but it's usually the first thing I look for when I get back home.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hard to believe there are only two of us who have a favorite something to wear that is long since worn out and yet we can't bear to part with it.
I don't have on my shirt today because it is just plain chilly here and I would be cold. :nod: