Favorite icecream flavor

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love ice cream. There are a lot of flavors I can't eat now because of gluten free diet, but I still would like them. As for a favorite, I think vanilla. It is so versatile, and you can add different thing to it to make it good. But some chocolate right now would be nice. :lol3:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorites are the green tea ice cream they serve at asian restaurants, and Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio. I do NOT like normal pistachio ice cream, it tastes fake, bleh. Otherwise I like fruity flavors, strawberry, peach, etc. A good strong vanilla bean is good but regular vanilla and French vanilla are too bland to taste good without additions. Pralines & Cream is another favorite.

I don't like any flavor with hard bits mixed in. Cookie dough is fine, but chocolate chips and M&Ms freeze too hard, and nuts are too hard to begin with (except pralines. . .making pecans into pralines must soften them up). Mini Reese's cups are OK because the peanut butter part doesn't get very hard.

But mostly I just like ice cream :D. If you offer it to me I'll probably eat it. . .

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Ice Cream! Hagen-Das is the best! My preference is towards plainer flavors. When I was younger, I had to have the Black Raspberry with chocolate jimmies (sprinkles) in a cup! Now I find the black raspberry to be too sweet. I guess my tastes have changed. 

There is an awesome ice stand a few cities away. I just love going there. They use the freshest ingredients. 

Each summer I seem to get on a kick for a different flavor. One year it was chocolate chip (the chips were chunks of chocolate). Another year it was mocha chip. Yes another year it was vanilla. Last summer it was vanilla soft serve..

They have about 30 flavors. I love chocolate, but having a medium, yes medium or small of their chocolate is a bit too much.

Who knows, maybe this will be the year of chocolate? or frozen pudding? or reverse chocolate chip.

And in the Fall, the pumpkin cheesecake ice cream is to die for!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is chocolate chip if it is loaded with dark shaved chocolate.  My favorite is a regional one here called Graeters.  It's made by a french pot process which is small batches and there is less air churned into the ice cream.  It is expensive but I splurge on it occasionally.  They have several different flavors with lots of the shavings of dark chocolate.  They have one that is coconut ice cream with the chocolate shavings that is downright decadent.  Of course since it's Ohio they have the ice cream version of the Buckeye with peanut butter ice cream loaded with the shaved dark chocolate.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, good thing I already had dessert tonight! And I had a scoop of my favourite - Hagen Dazs vanilla with chocolate almonds.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coffee. Need to find a non dairy version now

I remember Heavenly Hash too. It was great

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love ice cream!  Though lately I've been buying frozen yogurt instead.  Going with the mindset that's it's a tad healthier.  Either way, ice cream or frozen yogurt, if it's in the house, I keep picking at it till it's gone.  Therefore, I have to limit how often I buy it.  

My first choice is always some sort of chocolate flavour, but there aren't too many ice cream flavours I've tried that I didn't like.  Unfortunately.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!!! Haagen Dazs' coffee flavour is my all time favourite. It's so expensive that I save it for special occasions to treat myself, but it's soooo good...

I like any kind of coffee ice cream, plus mint chocolate chip and Laura Secord's Super Kid flavour.
When I go to cvs drugstore they have it in the case and I have to get some