Favorite Family Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another guess...
I agree that the 8 oz might be likely, but I very often make a cheesecake that has now real recipe. I took ideas from 2 somewhat alike recipes, and one of them said about 120 gr. creamcheese, and the other double the amount (don´t remember the excact weight), but with other ingredience very similar. As the creamchese here comes in 400 gr. package I just put the whole package in because otherwise the rest just goes out of date in the fridge, and like that it´s delicious. 400 gr. is about 14 oz.

The point I am trying to make is that it is not really important exactly how much cream cheese there is

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I also took a gander at 8oz, but wanted to be sure. I may post more questions later. . . . . if I don't hear from Lhezzza re: some of her contributed recipes.

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Carrot Souffle

1 lb cooked carrots
3 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
3 T. Flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
1 stick melted butter
dash cinnamon/nutmeg

Topping

1 individual size box of corn flakes, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
2 T. Butter
3 T. brown sugar
dash nutmeg/cinnamon

Mix cooked carrots and eggs in blender. transfer to large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Pour into well greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

For Topping. Mix all ingredients. Sprinkle over souffle. Put back in oven for 5 minutes to warm/brown if desired.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds Yummy!

Unfortunately, I am almost finished with the final Cookbook, which should be released early next week,
so I can't put the last recipe in the book without messing up the formatting, table of contents, etc.
Sorry!

Actually, I will close this thread since the cookbook it almost ready to go and we can't do any more submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.