Favorite Disney movie?

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

"Mary Poppins" is on TV here Monday night - now I just have to watch it! It's now a musical showing in London - apparently it's a bit "darker" than the movie.
I DO love that movie! Dick Van Dyke was wonderful and I would have LOVE a nanny like Mary Poppins!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Mary Poppins....especially the song Feed the Birds...always makes me cry. On a special album of Disney songs, the Sherman Brothers who wrote Poppins and other soundtracks said Walt Disney's favorite song was also Feed the Birds. At every Friday/weekly meeting he would end the meeting by playing Feed the Birds, to remind everyone what they were there for. In other words the "birds" were an analogy for children.

Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
The little old bird woman comes.
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.

Come feed the little birds, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their nests are so bare;
All it takes is tuppence from you."

Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
"Feed the birds," that's what she cries,
While overhead, her birds fill the skies.

All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.

Though her words are simple and few,
Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."
That Truly is such a beaufiful song! When I went to Britain, years ago that was one place my family and I all had to visit! BUT no bird lady there!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George'smom

I have a lot of Disney Favorites. . . .

Pollyanna
That Darn Cat
Lady and The Tramp
and much, much more
What about THE 9 lives of Tomisina!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is probably Sleeping Beauty. Although a few years ago I caught some live action film about a little dog that ran away and found a new home with the original family's grandpa. I think it was call Little Lost Dog but I'm not sure about that, it's only like an hour or so long though.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malakai711

Mary Poppins!! Ari, now is the best time to buy it... The 40th Anniversary: 2 Disk version just came out on DVD!!! I was waiting for that for months!!
I better hurry up - I know how they like to "put things in the vault" and so it's pretty much in limited release!

You know, this thread is making me want to watch the Aristocats again. I haven't seen in ages and I can't remember a thing about it!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To the people involved in this topic of conversation, if you would like to discuss the status of animal welfare in Australia (or any other country for that matter
) feel free to start a thread in Cats SOS on that issue where people can research the issues and present the facts as they know them. Please do not hijack the thread.
Thank you!

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are we talking about animated Disney movies, or all types? lately they have been pumping them out so fast (the greed machine) that the quality of the movies as far as plot developement etc, really pales in comparison to the past where they took great care in creating wonderful lasting movies, like That Darn Cat, Old Yeller, Peter Pan, and the others. Now they pump out movies like National Treasure, and Around the World in 80 Days that fall way below their mark of excellence. It will be interesting to see how Vin Diesel will do in the The Pacifier a new movie scheduled to be released later this year-

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Now they pump out movies like National Treasure, and Around the World in 80 Days that fall way below their mark of excellence. It will be interesting to see how Vin Diesel will do in the The Pacifier a new movie scheduled to be released later this year-
When I think Disney I think animated or even Pixar-related, the ones they take more time to do. The movies you mentioned I don't even associate with Disney in my mind, for some reason. But you're right, they are Disney.

It is a shame that they're starting to release sequels to movies that don't really need sequels. Oh well.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm disappointed - I just watched "Mary Poppins" on television, and even the songs were in German. It was nowhere near as good as the English version - poor script and dubbing!
I get a bit sick of the sequels, "prequels", and remakes, too. Disney definitely isn't what it once was.