Favorite clothing store

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get most of my clothes at Kohl's.

I was just at Penney's a week or two ago. They had a gigantic sale with doorbusters, and I found a few things including a Liz Claiborne sweater for $12. They've changed, though, it seemed more upscale. They are having another sale with doorbusters this weekend. Heard they are not doing well.

Have also heard that fall sales did not go well for retailers. I went to a lot of stores the same weekend that I went to Penney's. They were all having big sales and saying that they're trying to get rid of the fall clothing to make room for new merchandise. I think it's more than just switching out merchandise--the retailers are scared that the holidays aren't going to pan out and are trying to build momentum. I don't go clothes shopping very often at all, but my impression was doorbusters was for the holidays or an anniversary sale, not your routine seasonal sale.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a plus size girl so finding cute clothes for a younger woman in larger sizes is a bit hard sometimes. Until I found my favorite store ever, it's called Torrid and they always have super cute clothes. I go there often and never leave empty handed! They are expensive but nowhere near as pricey as Lane Bryant

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't work outside the house, so I don't buy a ton of clothes. I try to keep what I have in good condition. I live in old t-shirts and sweats at home and only put my other clothes on when leaving the house.

I've lost weight, so I have been buying more clothes lately. I'm definitely a fan of the VF outlet for jeans. I do very well there. I also shop at Kohls, TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Once in a while I get a few things at Dress Barn. I ran into a big sale at teh Gap Outlet last month and bought a few cardigans.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thrift store scavenger here- when looking for tops or jackets. Took a long time to find my winter parka that was in excellent condition & exactly like the ones I was pricing for $150 at Burlington coat factory. I got mine for $6 and all it needed was one new button. Well worth the wait!
For pants I usually see what Kmart has before set foot into the next option. Usually find good cotton work slacks or jeans there first, tho.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have such a hard time finding pants as i have to buy talls..So usually mail order those from lands end..Any other clothing I buy what I like usually Kohls..Used to like fashion bug but they have gone out of business

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm a plus size girl so finding cute clothes for a younger woman in larger sizes is a bit hard sometimes. Until I found my favorite store ever, it's called Torrid and they always have super cute clothes. I go there often and never leave empty handed! They are expensive but nowhere near as pricey as Lane Bryant
I love Torrid! Deb has great plus sizes too, super cheap.

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I have such a hard time finding pants as i have to buy talls..So usually mail order those from lands end..Any other clothing I buy what I like usually Kohls..Used to like fashion bug but they have gone out of business
Thiers still Fashion Bug by my place O__o