Favorite cleaning products?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I like starting this thread every few years to see if there is anything I am missing out on. :flail:

My favorite dusting cloths were discontinued but I am still a magic eraser fan. I feel they are getting flimsier though. They fall apart a lot easier than they used to.

My current find is this though:

IMG_4273.jpg

I do not like my new refrigerator at all. One of the reasons is all of the fingerprints. I followed the manufacturers instructions and could not get rid of them. It was getting to the point where my husband and I were talking about getting another refrigerator. I saw these in the store one day and figured "Why not?". If they damaged the surface we were thinking of getting rid of it anyway. These got rid of every smudge. That was about a month ago and there are still no smudges.

What are some of your favorite products?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my favorite toilet bowl cleaner. We have very hard water and stains do tend to accumulate in the toilet. It even broke down and got rid of old stains from the really toilet in the basement that I thought I would just have to live with until we decided to replace the toilet...now I don't need to replace it at all! This also breaks down all the calcium and limescale deposits on other surfaces. But be careful...this stuff can only be used on certain surfaces as it is so strong.
1650045511961.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is my favorite toilet bowl cleaner. We have very hard water and stains do tend to accumulate in the toilet. It even broke down and got rid of old stains from the really toilet in the basement that I thought I would just have to live with until we decided to replace the toilet...now I don't need to replace it at all! This also breaks down all the calcium and limescale deposits on other surfaces. But be careful...this stuff can only be used on certain surfaces as it is so strong.
View attachment 417112
This is my most lifechanging find. We have ONE toilet that gets awful Just that one. And it has since we've lived here and the house was brand new when we bought it. I really don't understand! But it got that toilet looking good again!

I might have to find those wipes for my dishwasher at some point. Right now it's still covered in various letter magnets because my kids still mess around with them for kicks. So it seems pointless for now! :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Murphy's Oil Soap, Lestoil (illegal in Florida, hee, hee) white vinegar, only Clorox bleach..love the meadow scent,
cannot remember the name Old English Furniture Oil?, Lysol for laundry..powerful albeit dangerous..must use goggles
when using but kills COVID-19, Lysol toilet bowl cleaner. Never ever Pledge.

My new helper has told me some products she thinks I should have. Will now try the more powerful one after reading MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles post

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lysol for laundry..powerful albeit dangerous..
You know Lysol makes a laundry sanitizer now. When used as a pretreat soak it kills viruses, when used in the final rinse it kills bacteria. I only use it in the final rinse. I like how it removes the lingering odor that seems to settle in some clothing, especially work out clothing without just covering it up with something that is perfumy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleaner in the honeysuckle scent
Lime Away toilet bowl cleaner. We have very hard water in Florida. This stuff blasts through stains like crazy.
Clorox Scentiva wipes in the Tuscan lavender & jasmine scent.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dawn Powerwash. On everything! I also like the Mr Clean in the same kind of spray bottle but I think it's just because of the bottle; the cleaner isn't anything special.

Lysol for laundry..powerful albeit dangerous..must use goggles
when using
Why? Does it mix with the detergent to make a dangerous substance? It wouldn't occur to me to use goggles for Lysol. . .

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Dawn Powerwash. On everything! I also like the Mr Clean in the same kind of spray bottle but I think it's just because of the bottle; the cleaner isn't anything special.

Why? Does it mix with the detergent to make a dangerous substance? It wouldn't occur to me to use goggles for Lysol. . .
Lysol for Laundry
only to be used in rinse cycle..came on the market around the arrival of COVID.....I have taught Dee about using it and
she does use goggles.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
You know Lysol makes a laundry sanitizer now. When used as a pretreat soak it kills viruses, when used in the final rinse it kills bacis it!!!ria. I only use it in the final rinse. I like how it removes the lingering odor that seems to settle in some clothing, especially work out clothing without just covering it up with something that is perfumy.
That is what I have I think!! Great for feral and strays blankies and throws...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is what I have I think!! Great for feral and strays blankies and throws...
I don't do anything special safety wise with it. I just pour it in the liquid fabric softener dispenser because I don't use fabric softener. It does say in the safety fine print to not get in eyes with a blurb about safety glasses. I don't though. I can understand why they put that on there as a protection against lawsuits. I see safety glasses as something that should be worn along with an N95 mask around dangerous fumes. This is a liquid that can be dangerous if it is splashed in the eyes. I just pour a cap of it and then pour it in the dispenser, I am careful with it because I think it is on the expensive side. Most cleaners would be at least irritating and some dangerous if they get into the eyes.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to strike a balace between whats safe for my cat & also sanitary…so list towards eco friendly things…Mrs Meyers, vinegar & water, Ecover.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I like starting this thread every few years to see if there is anything I am missing out on. :flail:

My favorite dusting cloths were discontinued but I am still a magic eraser fan. I feel they are getting flimsier though. They fall apart a lot easier than they used to.

My current find is this though:

View attachment 417106

I do not like my new refrigerator at all. One of the reasons is all of the fingerprints. I followed the manufacturers instructions and could not get rid of them. It was getting to the point where my husband and I were talking about getting another refrigerator. I saw these in the store one day and figured "Why not?". If they damaged the surface we were thinking of getting rid of it anyway. These got rid of every smudge. That was about a month ago and there are still no smudges.

What are some of your favorite products?
THANK YOU for this suggestion! We have almost all stainless steel appliances and all of the stuff that's supposed to work on them doesn't. Drives me nuts. I am running out to buy these right now. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No nasty, germs toilet brush sitting around in my bathrooms. Instead I use a pair of scissors tongs and disposable toilet scrubbers. The tongs are used with a wad of toilet paper for as necessary or daily toilet cleaning and then the disposable scrubbers for weekly.

Kitchen gets 409 and also alcohol sanitizing spray. Floors get Swiffer wet jet for wood.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Murphy's Oil Soap, Lestoil (illegal in Florida, hee, hee) white vinegar, only Clorox bleach..love the meadow scent,
cannot remember the name Old English Furniture Oil?, Lysol for laundry..powerful albeit dangerous..must use goggles
when using but kills COVID-19, Lysol toilet bowl cleaner. Never ever Pledge.

My new helper has told me some products she thinks I should have. Will now try the more powerful one after reading MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles post
Lestoil is amazing for getting out grease/oil stains from laundry. Even gets out set-in stains. But it's so potent that it eventually eats its way through its own plastic bottle so I keep it in a glass bottle.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Lestoil is amazing for getting out grease/oil stains from laundry. Even gets out set-in stains. But it's so potent that it eventually eats its way through its own plastic bottle so I keep it in a glass bottle.
WOWZA!! It is a petroleum distillate hence the strength. Mom used to use it and I always think of her when I can smell it,
Murphy's as well.