Favorite Cleaning Products

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big fan of Spic and Span. I have used both the powder and liquid for most of my general cleaning jobs.

For dishes and laundry I like sunlight products.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oooh does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning the bathtub??? I always get dirty feet stains in the tub, and can't find a really good product to clean it without involved me scrubbing super hard.
Sarah, don't know if it's been mentioned already, but . . .

MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASER will do this. When I moved in there was a good three years of built up soap scum/dirt in the winter white tub, making it appear gray!!
Got me a magic eraser, and with a minimum of elbow grease, the tub was like new!! I'd be willing to bet even in your condition you could get the job done without too much trouble. And warm baths in a clean tub will feel sooooooo good when you're having BH's

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

I love Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, it truly is magic. I have old bottles that are on top of my kitchen cabinets that I clean them once year. They are dusty and gummy and I used SOS or Brillo pads to clean them. The Magic Eraser is like using a sponge, but one wipe and it cleans everything off.
Jaimie, I'm also with you on vinegar, I like baking soda too. Anything with a warning or poison on the label is telling you something. Skip your mother's cleaners and get back to your grandmothers products.

I have a gallon of white vinegar, a bottle of concentrated Simple Green for really tough oily-type stains (and diluted 50:1 or 100:1 it works on windows too!), a box of Oxi-Clean for laundry stains (even old, set-in ones), and my Magic Erasers. And that's ALL I need!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Mean Green!
I also use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers... they're a godsend with 2 boys
And I have a Swiffer Wet Jet.

For dishes I use Dawn with bleach (too many tongues of kitties and dogs caused that
)

Windex for windows and mirrors.

Gain Joyfull Expressions for laundry.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser- those things are sooo helpfull!!!

Windex

Vinegar & Water

Lysol antibacterial spray

CLR for the showers/etc as needed

Scrubbin Bubbles for the showers as needed

Bleach- gets the toilets really clean and it's cheap!

Clorox antibacterial wipes

Nature's Miracle spray- for pet accidents

Arm & Hammer baking soda -to clean up certain things

Lysol - to spray handles/ doorknobs/etc in the house to cut down on spreading germs

Lemon juice - depends
cheap and easy cleaner! You can also put your left over citus peels in your disposal and it makes your home smell REALLY yummy!! (orange, lime, lemon all work)

Swiffer- i like to use the wet and dry pads to clean up in the kitchen

Dawn dish soap- i like dawn because it's safe to use on wildlife and other animals and since i constantly have foster animals- it really comes in handy!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

baking powder, vinegar, tea tree oil etc. I don't like to use chemicals.
Careful some tea tree oils are not good for cats. Just letting you know.

My cleaners are Method for the dishes(and cat boxes), Pledge spray for all the wood in the house, Pledge multi surface wipes for both the woods and other things, windows, mirrors, Method glass cleaner for the windows and mirrors also,
Method surface cleaners for the kitchen counters, Swiffers for dusting, microfiber cloths for the hardwoods,My Dyson for the carpets(
), the spot bot for the cat hairballs (and other bodily fluids
),Bissell flip ease for the kitchen and bathroom floors, carpet flick for the in between vacumings, Cascade for the dishwasher, comet and soft scrub for the bathroom sinks, toilets and tub, I also have Clean it wipes for the refridgerator and ceramic stove top, and I clean my clothes with Tide and different scents of Downy fabric softener depending on what I am washing.
Geez, I think I have way to many cleaners.
I have issues.