Favorite Christmas Shows

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG A Christmas Story. I can watch it over and over. My SO hasn't seen it all the way through and so far he doesn't see the humor in it. Kinda disappointed in him but he'll learn to love it because it our roommate and I's favorite.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I always watch the Christmas episodes of Are You Being Served? and from Keeping Up Appearances; and also the Too Many Christmas Trees episode from the Avengers.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I must be too because I don't look forward to any Christmas type show. I don't mind "Frosty the Snowman" but I don't anticipate watching it. Once was enough, hehe
Me, too. I only like the British comedy ones I mentioned. I find the other types too sad.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No doubt about it, hands down, my favorite is the original cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". We have a family tradition of watching it together after dinner on Thanksgiving day as our official kick off to the holiday season. We've seen it so many times we've got it memorized and we even shout out when the commercial breaks used to come. I prefer the original version (which we have on tape) to the "remastered" version that was on TV the other night...the remastered version cuts out some of the cute bits and scenes (like the presentation of progressively smaller waiters with the strawberry for Cindy Lou Who).

I like most of the other old ones, too, but the Grinch is my favorite.