Favorite childhood TV shows

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
smittens4kitens;

my favorite show when I was young was The Flintstones actually but grown up it was Hogan Heros,All in the Family, Jeffersons, Welcome Back Kotter.

dejolane

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that it's done (of course...always late to the party), I'd love to watch the whole series. At the time I was kinda ticked that BG was "b a s t a r dized" (Ha! Beat the censors!) in certain respects (hated the styling of the Cylons, Starbuck being a woman, etc.), but now I regret not watching it. :(

I did really get into Caprica, the prequel to BG a few years ago on sci-fi that only lasted a bit over a season before it was cancelled. That show was pure genius with some great acting performances. Eric Stoltz was awesome.

i did not watch it when it was the air and i finally checked it out a couple of years ago at the prompting of a friend. it is almost nothing like the original, gone is all of the stuff that made it "child like". after i i watched the pilot (4 hour miniseries) i was still sort of like, ehh, its ok. well, after the first two "regular" episodes i was totally hooked. it became clear that this was deep, dark and intense - with great acting to boot.

it is funny you mention starbuck, i had the same initial response - i had a hard time with the character being a woman. well, don't worry about that. katee sackhoff does an awesome job with the role, she finds the perfect blend of "tough" yet human.

One of my co-workers has the newer BG series and he's been after me to watch it with him. So far, I've not gotten around to it......should I go ahead, do you think? I was never into the original BG, but he says this is really good.
absolutely! here is a great review that i think addresses some of the reasons you may be hesitant http://www.douxreviews.com/2003/01/battlestar-galactica-exciting-edgy.html she really sums up my opinion regarding the series.