Favorite brands, what are some of yours?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Oh, Behr is the BEST paint out there! I love it. I painted my entire house with it; more expensive, but well worth it. Goes on so smoothly, very little smell (I am sensitive to paint smell), and lasts. Don*t try to save $$ with cheap paint--not worth it.
I love Behr!!! I agree -it's definitely the best!!!
I'm totally in love with the color I'm painitng my master bathroom too! It's like the perfect shade of green!

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

From a former shoe salesperson/repairperson, you can't beat SAS brand workshoes for quality!
Amen to that! My last pair of SAS shoes lasted me years!! I finally wore them out at my last job though and had to trash them (I wore holes all in them I wore them to work soo much). I'm going on Monday to get a new pair for my new job. They are the only shoes I've ever worn that don't kill my feet. (I had foot surgery on both feet a few yrs back and have since had a ton of issues with shoes). SAS shoes definitely aren't pretty, but they're worth every penny when it comes to comforat and durability!
They're the only work shoes I'll ever buy!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know nothing of Lush (heads off to google it!)

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I love Behr!!! I agree -it's definitely the best!!!
I'm totally in love with the color I'm painitng my master bathroom too! It's like the perfect shade of green!

Amen to that! My last pair of SAS shoes lasted me years!! I finally wore them out at my last job though and had to trash them (I wore holes all in them I wore them to work soo much). I'm going on Monday to get a new pair for my new job. They are the only shoes I've ever worn that don't kill my feet. (I had foot surgery on both feet a few yrs back and have since had a ton of issues with shoes). SAS shoes definitely aren't pretty, but they're worth every penny when it comes to comforat and durability!
They're the only work shoes I'll ever buy!
I wear the FreeTime style...rather ugly, but SO comfortable!!! I have some that I wear at work, some that I wear at home, and some that I have for working out. At $130/pair, it gets expensive....but with my back issues, I need shoes with good support...and SAS has the best support I've ever found (and they even come in my size!!! Of course, I still need to put the WW's on my shoe stretchers to make them even wider
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

I know nothing of Lush (heads off to google it!)
Lush is a fabulous company!
www.lush.com They do not test on animals, they try to promote recycling and being environmentally friendly, their products are preservative-free and all are fresh/handmade. (so fresh, they have expiration dates!) I abolustely love Lush's products!!! I have some issues with psorasis- but since I've switched from my old products I used to get at the store, to Lush, my skin looks and feels great!
I also like that their products last a long time! One solid shampoo bar lasts me for ages and it prevents 3 large shampoo bottles from going to the dump. They also sell a lot of their products "naked" (without wrapping in stores) so that they do not promote more waste.

I also love the quality of their products. You just can't beat fresh, handmade stuff!
It may seem like some of their things are a little bit pricy when you first look through the website, but there are numerous tricks to stretching your dollar! (I'm a forum member on their website and I'm constantly learning new tricks and ideas for making my products last longer!) Their bath bombs for instance can be cut in half and used for multiple baths....same for the bubble bars (I can usually get 8 baths out of 1 bubble bar! Way more that I would get out of a small bottle of bubble bath from a grocery store that would then have the bottle thrown in a land fill). Their lotions and lip balms only take a tiny tiny amoun to do the job too! Their soaps seem to last a long time too!
(If you're worried over the bubble bars or bath bombs that have stuff like glitter or flowers in them- you can "sock" them in little mesh bags or a knee-high panty hose and they will keep your bath clean!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mayonaise-Helmans
Ketchup-Heinz
shoes-new balance
mac n cheese-Velveta
cheese-borden
anything else I dont really care!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The only thing DH is super picky about is aluminum foil! Weird right!?
It has to be Reynolds or Diamond! He won't let me get the store brand
That's one of the few things I'm picky about, too. I'm sure we've all tried to use the cheap foil, to have it fold/scrunch at the edges, tear poorly, or just be too thin. I get incredibly frustrated with the stuff and it's lucky I haven't stomped any of the boxes of the cheap stuff in the past.

I don't know how anyone could have a preferred brand of mayo - it all smells incredibly horrible.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lush is a fabulous company!
www.lush.com They do not test on animals, they try to promote recycling and being environmentally friendly, their products are preservative-free and all are fresh/handmade. (so fresh, they have expiration dates!) I abolustely love Lush's products!!! I have some issues with psorasis- but since I've switched from my old products I used to get at the store, to Lush, my skin looks and feels great!
I also like that their products last a long time! One solid shampoo bar lasts me for ages and it prevents 3 large shampoo bottles from going to the dump. They also sell a lot of their products "naked" (without wrapping in stores) so that they do not promote more waste.

I also love the quality of their products. You just can't beat fresh, handmade stuff!
It may seem like some of their things are a little bit pricy when you first look through the website, but there are numerous tricks to stretching your dollar! (I'm a forum member on their website and I'm constantly learning new tricks and ideas for making my products last longer!) Their bath bombs for instance can be cut in half and used for multiple baths....same for the bubble bars (I can usually get 8 baths out of 1 bubble bar! Way more that I would get out of a small bottle of bubble bath from a grocery store that would then have the bottle thrown in a land fill). Their lotions and lip balms only take a tiny tiny amoun to do the job too! Their soaps seem to last a long time too!
(If you're worried over the bubble bars or bath bombs that have stuff like glitter or flowers in them- you can "sock" them in little mesh bags or a knee-high panty hose and they will keep your bath clean!
Oh great! I went to their site, I AM IN
! I know what is on my Christmas list! lol! Thanks! all of it looks so unique and like a lot of fun!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some more fave brands and things

Dog food - Wag complete with anti oxendants - i have done what all aniamls owners have by trying the better , more expensive brands , and my dogs look at me like im a crazy idiot!.

Cat wet food asda (walmart) owns brand tiger , again the cats HATE anything expensive and good for them , i even made them eat it for 10 days and they barely touched it and it gave them runny poop

Cat treats - Felix samon sticks , thomas chicken bites and thomas cat nips dropped!

Rat food - Pets at home rat nuggets (the healthiest food in the UK rats can eat)
Rat treats - Milk drops , corn on the cob and rattie pop corn.

Bedding - wilkinsons/asdas/rosbies

Tooth paste - beverly hills whitening formula

Baby food (when i childmind)

Farelys ruskk
Cow and gate baby bear buiscuits with fruit!
Hipp Organic baby food
Organic baby/toddler crisps and carrot sticks

Sports clothes - adidas

Fave clothes in general is Bench/Mcenzie

Jess x