Favorite bands/singers/types of music??

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

dont like nickleback......WHY WHY WHY J/K I am just being a poppy head. We all dont have to like the same thing or else we would not be individuals right
What is a 'poppy head'????

Is it someone with great taste in music?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like alot of industrial/dark wave and some "goth". i also like some 80s and alternative stuff.

sisters of mercy (floodland and first & last & always are my favorite albums), covenant, vnv nation, assemblage 23, funker vogt, and stochastic theory are some of my current faves. i also like she wants revenge and my chemical romance's new cd.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Art Music, mostly....what that means is classical, opera and jazz.

My favorite composers are: Shostakovich, Stravinsky, Ravel, Crumb, Berio, Reich, Mahler, Crumb, Messaien.

My favorite jazz albums are the Getz/Gilberto disc and Bill Evans Trio's Walzt for Debbie. I also love love love Brad Mehldau.

As far as pop music goes (I define pop as anything that isn't art music)...I like mostly indie rock or indie pop. My favorites are Ben Folds (Five), Aimee Mann, Ani Difranco, Nick Drake, Joanna Newsom, Rilo Kiley, Death Cab for Cutie, RADIOHEAD!, Beck, Bjork...I also like classics like Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan.

I'm not much into country, hip-hop or American-Idol style junk.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite music is rock, alternative and electronica. Favourite bands would be Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Manfred Mann, Tangerine Dream, Placebo (not a fan of their newer stuff), Air, Kraftwerk, Rush, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Grand Funk Ralroad... I could go on and on!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up (that's arguable...lol) in the 70's and 80's I am a old headbanger at heart. I do like a lot of different bands but my all time favorite is Iron Maiden, which is actually playing right now on my computer.

Why are they my favorite? They have been around since 1975, coming out of the London punk scene and went on to become one of the most infuential and succesful heavy metal bands in music history. While they aren't afraid to experiment they also haven't "sold out" themselves out for radio air play or for the almighty dollar like some other bands have...*cough*....Metallica...*cough* *cough*.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Country -the real stuff AKA Hank Sr, Patsy Cline etc

Some rap/hip-hop
Old R&B -60s-70s
Blues Rock -Ala Old AC/DC
Rockabilly/Psychobilly -Brian Setzer, Rev. Horton Heat
Classic Rock -Early 80s and older, mostly older
Metal
Punk
Big Band/Swing -this is my all time favorite genre, and I'm especially in love with Sinatra.
Some of the new pop/rock
Classical
Modern Jazz -the term modern is relative to my age, modern as in Steely Dan
Blue Grass -I do love listening to my brother play/sing
Reggae and Ska

Really I like a sampling of almost everything

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Spanish Music. Salsa, Merengue, Bachata and Reggaeton. My favorite Salseros are Marc Anthony and Huey Dunbar. In Bachata I love Aventura and Toby Love and my favorite singer in Reggaeton is Rakim y Ken Y.

I like English music too. I love Nickleback, Disturbed, Switchfoot, Green Day, Simple Plan, Linkin Park and U2. (I
Bono )