Favorite alcoholic beverage

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a vodka and rum kinda girl myself. I'm not a big fan of beer, but I should probably try to find one a like just to make things easier LOL! I LOVE mango rum and sweet tea! And also a sex on the beach, but the bigger one not the shot!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at all these lushes posting big long lists!! Are you sure this is TCS and not AA?!
And I thought I was bad - (which is why I only posted my absolute fave........) if you saw my list, you'd die laughing! Tell you what, I'll make it easy. I'll tell you what I DON'T drink. Here is comes....

Beer.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not really picky. I like to drink seagrams (whisky) and coke. Vodka and orange juice is probably my second favourite.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vodka and coke, with a splash of lemon or lime

Last time I went on a decent night out with friends, I had about 4-5 glasses...and not even a headache when I woke up the next morning!

My friends suffered for me instead

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

So, what is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Do you prefer red wine, white wine, beer, mixed drinks or other? My drink of choice is usually red wine, although I enjoy white wine too and occasionally a beer is good.
I'm not much for mixed drinks though.
When I'm not dieting I enjoy a glass of red or white wine with dinner....and after.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I very rarely drink.... and when I do, I am always at home. My hubby doesn't drive anymore, so I am always the designated driver..

But this is what I drink...

1. Straight Tequila with a slice of lime and salt
2. white Zinfidel and 7-up.... mostly 7-up
3. Budweiser Beer-- Icy cold in a chilled mug
4. Bailey's Irish Creme
5. Rum and Coke
6. Scotch and 7-up

I never used to like beer but a few years ago, the hubby begged me to have a beer with him at the pizza place we walked down to. It kinda grew on me.. LOL And lately, we have been getting bottles of wine down at the 99 cent store for 99 cents. I have looked up several of them on the internet and they normally cost upward to $30 a bottle! That is where I get all our wines.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in my "drinking" days, when I used to go down to the local pub to watch the Packers' games, I used to drink hot cocoa w/ a shot of peppermint schnapps.
It was a good drink to have to ward off the cold, when the wind-chill temps were down below zero.
It sure took the chill out of your bones!
Hot Tom & Jerry's were good, too!

~KK~

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Back in my "drinking" days, when I used to go down to the local pub to watch the Packers' games, I used to drink hot cocoa w/ a shot of peppermint schnapps.
It was a good drink to have to ward off the cold, when the wind-chill temps were down below zero.
It sure took the chill out of your bones!
Hot Tom & Jerry's were good, too!

~KK~
Wow that sounds very very yummy! I think I might need to try that one!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nuts and Berries is my absolute favorite- Frangelico (hazelnut), Chambord (raspberry), and cream either on the rocks or shaken into a martini glass. It's also good in coffee.

Tied for second place would be raspberry vodka and sprite and the strawberry martini we make at work...mmmmm.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Are you OK? Actually, I used to make peach wine. I would go to the supermarket when the peaches were starting to rot (the perfect condition for wine) and offer the manager a dime on the dollar, and they would always take it. Yes, I had quite the winery. In fact, I am in my office where I have a 480 bottle wine rack, and I can spy a bottle of peach wine from 1988. I do not have a clue what a Cosmopolitan is. But I ranted elsewhere that it was impossible to get a margarita in Texas. I am quite familiar with the Cosmo magazine and am trying to conjure up an image of what the drink would consist of....
I'm definitely ok
There's a large varity of drinks i really like, but i don't drink too often though. (i normally just drink water, juice, vitamin water and sweet tea- haven't had a soft drink in about 10 yrs, so i definitely enjoy the occassional alcoholic beverage in moderation.
)

Cosmopolitans are very yummy! You serve them in a martini type glass (i believe that's the type of glass they use, i could be wrong!) it's just vodka, triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice. Kind of a girly drink -but it's very good. I love vodka/cranberry juice so the Cosmopolitan is just like a suped up version of it

(hehe i love the magazine too but that's another topic for another day!)

Originally Posted by lunasmom

I've had that wine too! I bought it when I was having some of my girlfriends over and they were dying of laughter at the choice of wine.

No...we didn't become any at the end of the night...just really toasted
Isn't that a funny name for the wine?
I had a good laugh one night when my best friend showed up with that to have with our dinner i had made lol.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I really thought I was the only Jose Quirvo girl out there! TEQUILLA ALL THE WAY!!
I havn't drank in about 6 years, well I could pinpoint it for ya, about 9 months before my daughter was born!
After that I havn't had the time (Im always pregnant! Not lately though!! YAY!!) I like a good sex on the beach if its mixed right, and I like Morgan/Coke too... I can drink a bottle of wine if Im really trying to sleep and having a hard time without having a headache or trying to pee in a box! (my DH did that one night)

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My personal favorite is Early Times whiskey & Diet Mt. Dew.
Hey......it's goooood!

Wild Turkey if no ET available!