Fattest Cat Alive

cinderellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My grandmother has a cat almost as big. She didn't try to make him fat, and has in fact tried to get him more excercise and a diet, but to no avail, and the vet has found nothing wrong with him, aside from obesity. He was a young lively, healthy male cat, but he turned into a lazy cat, who is kind of amusing in a really sad way... (he waddles to the food bowl, and is so lazy that he won't even sit to eat, he lies down next to the food bowl, and shovels food into his mouth with his paws... It's horrifying, but it's really hard not to laugh)

So, although I agree that those people probably intentionally fattened up their cat, and that is cruel and unecessary, having obese cats is not always controllable.

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I am sure all of us have seen, there are cats that get fat and cats that stay slim.

Obviously something in the genetic make-up.

My garage girl, Tico, is half outside-inside, and is a little overweight, but not enough to worry about at the moment, but when she gets a little older, we will have to watch her closer.

Our two insiders, Grey and Boots, are pretty normal, and Boots is actually just the least bit "bony", but even for 14 years old, is extremely active, in his "rainman" neurotic way, and although Grey has the beginnings of a "pouch", he is otherwise neat and trim.

Now that we are close to breaking the genetic code, and thereby able to modify and delete certain characteristics, I am sure it is but a short time until there will be "designer" babies, human and otherwise, and then these problems of certain cats (and humans) having certain "negative" characteristics will be a thing of the past.

Except for the litter box problem, and that he LOVES to pounce in my lap from 10 feet away, I think I would like to have a 50 pound clone of Grey, our little Manx/Munchkin.

Leonard.