Fat Cats?!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stimpy is a big guy. 17 lbs. his old vet said he was fine. but after we moved across state lines i've had a couple vets tell me he should lose weight. one was over the top asking that he get down to 12 lbs (yeah, right). he was 15 lbs when i adopted him, so as long as he doesn't gain or gets down to 15 lbs i'm happy.
i don't think he's overweight anyway. i can see his waist and feel his ribs, so i'm not worried. stimpy is a big cat. he's long, tall and has huge feet. i think he'd be bony if he got down to the 12 lbs that one vet wanted.

my other 2 are pretty normal. nabu is pretty light-around 9 lbs. raven is about 12 lbs and could stand to lose a pound probably.

i like all cats. like people, each one is different.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one fat one, one regular one, and one skinny one...though I do always try to keep all three at a healthy weight. I love them all, regardless of their size.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duke is 25 lbs and had been dieting forever but nothing seems to work. I do not like him being so overweight because i am concerned about his health but I have tried everything. When Duke crawls onto me in the middle of the night I have had the drowing and suffocation dreams befor waking up. It's an interesting life living with an overweight cat and an average weight cat.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Okay, I wanted to ask something (a bit cute
) and appreciate if you tell me what you think

Is that true that each and everyone of you wanna have a fat cat because the more your cat is fat the more you have to hug & cuddle?

I'm not encouraging people to let their cat eat all the times because that's dangerous for him
but I'm trying to figure out, what's your imagination tells you? For instance, if you had a chance to get a new cat and cute one of course, would you like him to be a fat one or normal one?

Arie
I want my cats to be HEALTHY. Obesity in a cat isn't cute to me, is is scary.

Therefore I would want my cat to be as close to it's "normal" weight as possible.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I like big cats that are just big - but a healthy weight. That could easily be 20+ lbs on a big frame. I think that's cool...but fat, no thanks.

My biggest cat is *only* 13.5lbs! Just a little heavier than Babyharleys "tiny" boy.
the big ones are fun for hugging, but only healthy big, please. i love my 14 pound big boy!