Fat cat help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jberry03qq

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In continuing to keep everyone updated, both Goober and Gomer are now down to 6oz of food(which is the lowest I am willing to go for them).

So far they seem fine, they get hungry around 4 or 5 and start begging but give up after about 20 minutes of us ignoring them and wonder off to do their own thing.

Goober finally broke 20lbs and is now at 19.8lb. This puts his weight loss at this time at 5.2lbs.

Gomer just hit 16.8lbs himself, with an identical weight loss of 5.2lbs from his original weight.

They are both also into far more trouble than ever. They have discovered new heights they can jump to and are all over the place, enough so that we have had to find new places to stash the bread as they now jump to the kitchen counter and then onto the icebox, on top of this both are more active than ever. Running, jumping, and playing like kittens once again...and the occasional tussle that ends with hair flying that we have to break up between the two brothers.

The biggest thing we have noticed is they no longer wheeze. Both had a wheezing problem when they would breathe and that is officially gone, no more wheezing at all...except when they snore, but thats totally normal.

My goal weight for them is 15lbs, but honestly I am just happy they have achieved what they have and both have been very good sports about the diet changes.

They also both have adorable belly pouches that kinda wobble when they run now, not sure if that skin will ever tighten up or not but it may just be a reminder of one time being obese.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

In continuing to keep everyone updated, both Goober and Gomer are now down to 6oz of food(which is the lowest I am willing to go for them).

So far they seem fine, they get hungry around 4 or 5 and start begging but give up after about 20 minutes of us ignoring them and wonder off to do their own thing.

Goober finally broke 20lbs and is now at 19.8lb. This puts his weight loss at this time at 5.2lbs.

Gomer just hit 16.8lbs himself, with an identical weight loss of 5.2lbs from his original weight.

They are both also into far more trouble than ever. They have discovered new heights they can jump to and are all over the place, enough so that we have had to find new places to stash the bread as they now jump to the kitchen counter and then onto the icebox, on top of this both are more active than ever. Running, jumping, and playing like kittens once again...and the occasional tussle that ends with hair flying that we have to break up between the two brothers.

The biggest thing we have noticed is they no longer wheeze. Both had a wheezing problem when they would breathe and that is officially gone, no more wheezing at all...except when they snore, but thats totally normal.

My goal weight for them is 15lbs, but honestly I am just happy they have achieved what they have and both have been very good sports about the diet changes.

They also both have adorable belly pouches that kinda wobble when they run now, not sure if that skin will ever tighten up or not but it may just be a reminder of one time being obese.
Your updates are great to read, thank you! It sounds like the guys are making good progress -- this is where "trouble" is a very positive thing. It's particularly wonderful that they've stopped wheezing. Based on experience with our previous cat, I doubt their pouches will go away.
Keep up the good work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jberry03qq

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, just wanted to update.

Goober is down to 23lbs, a loss of 2 lbs from his original weight. Gomer is down to 19.5lbs, a loss of 1.5lbs.
So far both are doing great and loving the wet food, and the biggest issue has been keeping Gomer from eating his brothers when he is done.

One issue we had was neither like the blue wilderness, so I switched them over to the Friskies Poultry variety pack and they love that.

Currently they are being fed 1.25 cans(6oz cans) daily atm which seems to be keeping them at a steady weight loss, and once a week they get 14 treats that we make them run for in a game of catch.

Gomer has been the biggest challenge due to his supreme laziness. He was the runt of the liter and frankly, hes just a bum. Getting him to play is a monumental challenge and when we can he taps out at 5 mins or so. He then lays there and grabs the toy and holds it lol.

But both are happy and so far doing well losing weight.
try buying a toy called Da Bird, I bought it at Amazon, very inexpensive. Lazy cats cannot resist moving around!