Fashion help for my mum?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Oh Fran... I am sorry that I don't have advice for your mom, but I do have some for you. Run away as fast as you can!
I have a feeling your going to be in trouble for using the term "elderly" for 55 year old women!
Hmm...I was wondering why in the world you said this, and then...I saw it...the 'edited' note. Fwan!!

haven't you met any older women yet whose vibrancy and beauty of spirit shines through their eyes? Even when I was in my teens and 20's, I remember meeting women like that, including a woman in her 80's at a country wedding of one of my cousins. She was **lovely** - and it had nothing to do with her age, her wrinkles, her white hair...vibrant blue eyes, a smile to die for, and a strength of spirit.

I guess as one get's older, what is old moves back farther and farther.

I do recall when I thought hitting 10 would be awful 'cause I'd be in double digits!

But seriously, elderly is not 50 something!

No suggestions re your mom, find out what colors look best on her, consider a nice pant suit or a dress with a fancy overcoat - like this one http://catherines.charmingshoppes.co...1014474&nav=C1

ps ignore the color of the example...and pps, forgot about the heat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Hmm...I was wondering why in the world you said this, and then...I saw it...the 'edited' note. Fwan!!

haven't you met any older women yet whose vibrancy and beauty of spirit shines through their eyes? Even when I was in my teens and 20's, I remember meeting women like that, including a woman in her 80's at a country wedding of one of my cousins. She was **lovely** - and it had nothing to do with her age, her wrinkles, her white hair...vibrant blue eyes, a smile to die for, and a strength of spirit.

I guess as one get's older, what is old moves back farther and farther.

I do recall when I thought hitting 10 would be awful 'cause I'd be in double digits!

But seriously, elderly is not 50 something!

No suggestions re your mom, find out what colors look best on her, consider a nice pant suit or a dress with a fancy overcoat - like this one http://catherines.charmingshoppes.co...1014474&nav=C1

ps ignore the color of the example...and pps, forgot about the heat!
Here i am calling my self old for nearly turning 20!

I love my mother, she doesnt get upset when i call her old or grandma! because she does the same thing

She has the exact same sense of humour as i do and i think it scares her because i am a "mini her"

Reason why i was asking for your advice was because the only things ive seen lately are either for really young people, or for very old people.
We plan to go to C&A tomorrow because they have a big variety of clothes

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Hi! :p

Next wednesday my mother is going to my cousins wedding, we havent gone shopping for her yet!!
She wants me to pick an outfit for her, but i have no idea what she would wear!
Shes 55, Blue eyes and has a beer belly

Do you lovely ladies that are around my mothers age have any suggestions?
Someone change something ?
Lovely is mucho better
I think the proper term would be past middle age
I am to and I won't lie right now I feel like I'm whatever is considered OLD that saying your only as old as you feel

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as I darn near elderly myself (almost 49!!) the suggestions you have received are pretty good. If you don't go with a dress are skirts with elastic for the waistband available?? I would accentuate her positive features. Does she have some nice jewelery or a pretty scarf/hat to wear??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got home from shopping!

She looked beautiful in the dressing room

We ended up buying a pastel blue v-neck shirt, with the same colour singlet top which she will wear underneath as she doesnt want to wear a bra

And a white long skirt, with white shoes.
The shoes was the hardest to shop for because she did not feel confortable in alot of the styles.

I also made her buy a pearly necklace

My feet are so sore now

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it went very well, and the outfit sounds lovely. Well done!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Hi! :p

Next wednesday my mother is going to my cousins wedding, we havent gone shopping for her yet!!
She wants me to pick an outfit for her, but i have no idea what she would wear!
Shes 55, Blue eyes and has a beer belly

Do you lovely ladies that are around my mothers age have any suggestions?
My mom is 50 and has a beer belly too!! She looks nice in long summer floral dresses...Ones that are a little loose, but not hangin off her. Around here we get them from Reitmans, but I don't know if they have that store there.