Fashion faux-pas

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't hate me! I want to clarify my statement of "air drying" and not styling!

See, there's a difference between air drying and it looking good, or putting it up, and having literally no style or SHAPE to the cut, and still letting it air dry and doing nothing with it!
I didn't mean to say that air drying is a faux pas!

I was just trying to get at the point that my boss has no shape to her hair and doesn't do anything with it.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

And as for skorts, I was hoping to find a pair for summer, but it seems that no one is stocking them!
I just bought a cute khaki one at WalMart. They have them in tan, black and olive-drab for about $12. I also have a denim one, from Lane Bryant, that I bought last year.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Please don't hate me! I want to clarify my statement of "air drying" and not styling!

See, there's a difference between air drying and it looking good, or putting it up, and having literally no style or SHAPE to the cut, and still letting it air dry and doing nothing with it!
I didn't mean to say that air drying is a faux pas!

I was just trying to get at the point that my boss has no shape to her hair and doesn't do anything with it.
i wasn't offended. my hair is very thick, and when it's not cut right it looks terrible (well, i think so anyway). so for me ponytails really are a last resort.
now that i cut it all off, it has style again.

on the other hand, my sister wears ponytails for work, and they look great! why couldn't my hair have done that?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wear pony tails all the time now. I am to tired to do much else with my hair.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

What`s a 'skort'? Is that like collottes?

I`m always having fashion disasters. The worst thing is work because I`m painting I can`t wear anything nice so I always feel like a bit of a pikey. If I have to run to the shops in my lunch break I always smear some paint on me so people realise I`m not a pikey and they are infact my work clothes! Sad
What is a "pikey"?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

i wasn't offended. my hair is very thick, and when it's not cut right it looks terrible (well, i think so anyway). so for me ponytails really are a last resort.
now that i cut it all off, it has style again.

on the other hand, my sister wears ponytails for work, and they look great! why couldn't my hair have done that?
Phew!

The overall texture of my hair is thick, but the individual strands are baby fine...so ponytails only look good if I don't get any bumps (which is rare for me, lol).

That and I work in a "business casual" environment...so ponytails aren't really the best way to go.

I just wish my boss would spend more than $10 on a haircut and get some STYLE! lol