Fashion advice needed! :)

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with the poster that said stay away from ruffles and flounces. They don't make you look more feminine...just larger. Unless you get a mini-ruffle at the bottom of the skirt, ruffles can make you look larger.

I'm 5'5" on a good day, and a size 20. But because of the way I dress, most people take me for a smaller size.

A-line skirts stopping just below the knee. If you want a pattern, don't go for a bold busy pattern. My favorite skirt is black with 3 or 4 "bouquets" of dark flowers.

Pants shouldn't be tight legs. That tends to make your waist look bigger. Even proportions please. A slight flare makes your legs look longer than a full cut. Flat seamed waistbands. Pleats tend to emphasize the belly.

Tunics or empire waisted shirts. If you look for an empire waist, make sure the bottom of the shirt is loose and flowing. Tunics should hit from below the hip line to top of the thighs. You need to find out which is the most flattering for your body. This is where I put my pop of color! I rarely tuck in my shirts. I think this draws attention to the waist in the wrong way!

Blazers - no bold bright colors, but you don't need to stick to black/brown. I have blazers in red, hunter, grey, blue, brick, and moss as well as black and brown.

I personally wear ballet flats because of my back and knees. But on good days, I love wearing my wedges. The support the entire foot unlike heels where your support is on the ball and heel of the foot.

amarna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if you want to look feminine, get some lovely dangling ear rings, put lashings of mascara on, a nice pinky/peachy blusher & matching lip gloss. then get a pretty bias cut dress (flowery is always girly!) & put a little plain cardigan over the top. wear some pretty strappy sandals & off you go!!

for work you can't go wrong with a nice fitted blouse, pencil or a-line skirt & some formal stilettos or something. matching earing/bracelet/necklace sets always look posh!

it's all about lip gloss & eye lashes!!!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think skirts with a flare/ruffle to about knee length look all right on me. I also have this lovely button-down dress that comes to the knee, it tucks in just enough (plus, pockets!
) I love wrap tops and a nice flared trouser for work, though nowadays I'm mostly wearing scrubs.