Fancy Feast Broth

blackkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are the Fancy Feast Broths for Adult Cats only?  I want to give it to my kitten so I know that he is getting the water he needs.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could give it to him, but just so you know you can also add water to normal canned food to make it more water dense. I feed my cats wet twice a day. Once I just feed them the canned but the other time I feed them a can mixed with half a can of water. Some people add more or less water than me- it sort of depends what you're comfortable with and what the cat will do.

As an FYI the broths are intended as a supplement only and NOT as an actual meal.

Also as an FYI, at one point I got 2 as a gift (my cats are too chubby to need any meal supplements) and while one of my cats would eat them, my cat Bingley (who is not terribly picky about food and who loves all other fancy feast) was thoroughly repulsed, so it's possible you'd have that issue too. This is just anecdotal though :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blackkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! And I do know that it isn't a meal I am just planning on using it about once or twice a week.
  My kitten likes the water/broth more that the actual meat, vegetables, etc.  I think he will like if he doesn't I have three other cats that would love to eat it. :)

kittytchr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was wondering whether to get it also. Our cats love "Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers" canned food but lick up the gravy and leave the meat pieces !
We also put out dry food to give them protein.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blackkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah that is what my kitten does but I just add water and he will eat it!