Family member doesn't like your furbaby?

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I grew up with dogs mainly but up until I was 5 years old we had 5 cats. I can't really remember them though except theres loads of pictures of my covered in cats so I must have liked them.

My Grandma and Grandad had a shelter cat called Ginger who was so unpredictable, because of his past, that he put me off cats completely. I once got a coathanger out the wardrobe while he was on the bed and he went mad, he was climbing the walls. I can only assume he was abused poor thing. I just (being so young) assumed all cats were like Ginger (he could be sweet sometimes too though).
Then I fell in love with 6 week old Sleeves so it all changed and now I understand them I couldn't love my cats more.
Marks Dad is allergic and hit the roof when he found out about Sleeves, this is because he part owns the flat we live in with Mark so he kind of has a right to say who lives there but who cares?!?

He was up alot during the summer helping us decorated and constantly moaned about Sleeves the curious kitten who just wanted to help them paint. But I just ignored him.
Then we got Nismo and he just kept his mouth shut. At the end of the day he doesnt have to be around them much so he can't say anything.
Other people have been to my house and been like 'oooh get it away from me' I just laugh and say, no I'm sorry but I can't tell my cat what to do.
Everyone knows we have cats, why come round just to moan?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My whole family loves animals, my parents have 2 dogs and 2 cats, my aunt and uncle have 2 dogs and 1 cat, my ex loved the kitties, although as the number grew he would get a little peeved, but I just ignored him. One of the guys I'm seeing now says he doesn't like cats, but I really think he's afraid of them, so he's only been to my place once, and the other guy is great with the babies, he plays with the kitties, until they scratch him! He also likes to throw Vino's stuffed animal for him, wouldn't really call it fetch, cause it doesn't always get brought back

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

My whole family loves animals, my parents have 2 dogs and 2 cats, my aunt and uncle have 2 dogs and 1 cat, my ex loved the kitties, although as the number grew he would get a little peeved, but I just ignored him. One of the guys I'm seeing now says he doesn't like cats, but I really think he's afraid of them, so he's only been to my place once, and the other guy is great with the babies, he plays with the kitties, until they scratch him! He also likes to throw Vino's stuffed animal for him, wouldn't really call it fetch, cause it doesn't always get brought back
Seein more than one guy?

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom doesn't like animals. She was a little mad when i decided to keep the little 4 week old kitten i found. But i think she's all talk because she came right over with old towels and a ticking clock for her to sleep on. She might not want to be near them but somehow they love her lap most of all!! :p

Unfortunately they aren't allowed in her house so long visits at the parents don't happen anymore. My dad loves them and talks to them while he's helping me work on my house.

And i'm with you all.....I can't date a guy that hates cats or refuses to even try to like them. The way a guy treats animals tells you alot about how he will treat people.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad doesnt like cats and my s/o parents dont like cats. when i told his mom that we are getting a cat she said dont leave it unattended because she was going to make it disappear.
Ha, now she loves the baby and everytime she comes over she asks "Where is Phenom".
I would have had to hurt it if she TRIED to make my baby disappear.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

And i'm with you all.....I can't date a guy that hates cats or refuses to even try to like them. The way a guy treats animals tells you alot about how he will treat people.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Dad hates the cats. But he knows that Limerick will leaving in a 1 1/2 years.