False Cyst on Foot?

Moewnlater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20200803_132652.jpg

Hello, first-time poster here, on behalf of Penny, a feral cat I've taken in. She's developed this growth between her toes. It does not appear to cause pain, and sometimes seeps blood when her nail digs in. It's pretty much like an extra toe hanging out. I can't find any images online like this. I am hoping it is simply a false Cyst or blood blister. Does anyone have experience with this?
I have tried unsuccessfully so far to take her to the vet. She trusts me and let's me pet her after 4 months of working with her, but balks at the trap I'm required to bring her in. She is young (maybe 2 years) and pretty healthy otherwise. Will continue to coax her into the cage, but in the meantime, I am worried it could be something serious, like a cancerous tumor. Has anyone had something like this on their cat? I should add I believe she had an injury to this leg--an attack or fall? Idk-- about 4 months ago. She disappeared for a week and reappeared limping. She stopped limping eventually and then this appeared...I only noticed it Aug 3. Does not appear to get bigger, but has not gone away. Your insight is welcome, please!

IMG_20200803_132652.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Just wanted to acknowledge your post, even though I have no idea what that growth might be. As you continue to work on her to get her in the trap the vet wants her in, can you send them a pic and ask what they might think it could be? If they have any idea at all, and they think it would seem urgent to get her seen, at least you know to 'step up' your process of trying to trap her. You could also ask about a tiny dose of Gabapentin, which is sometimes given to cats prior to a vet visit who are 'high anxiety' - it helps to calm them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moewnlater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the response! I did send the photo to a number of vets - none of them want to commit to any ideas without a biopsy, which is understandable in a way. Neither have they mentioned Gabapentin or alternative, so I will look into that. Thanks for the advice!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are non-prescription calming products you could try as well - Bach Rescue Remedy which are drops that you rub into a cat's ear to help calm them, Feliway or other calming sprays to use on/around the trap. Not all work on all cats, so you may have to experiment a bit. Search the internet for 'cat calming products' to see if you would be interested in testing any of them on her.