Fall/Halloween Decorations

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going apple picking with the next couple of days. At the farm stand I'll buy a few bunches of corn stalks that I put up on my arbor and have decorative small brooms with fall ribbons I tie in the middle of the stalks. I will also get my pumpkins there that I set up on the arbor and then some on the garden walls.Bunches of the colored corn.
I've all ready put out large pots of mums.Then the first week in October I add the halloween stuff. I have a large skeleton dressed in a tuxedo that I sit on the Arbor bench. Alot of glass jack-o-lanterns. Fall wreath for the front door.
Inside i have fall place matts and I do have a small halloween village. Alot of battery operated halloween stuff witches, skeletons, Ghost...
I never get any trick or treaters. I'm too far out in the woods. But some how I do manage to get the bigger kids that like to steal pumkins and smash them!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have to keep our Halloween decorations kids freindly and recently widowed neighbor freindly. No skeletons for us this year! (My husband is dreadfully dissapointed!) We really want to build up a collection of holiday decorations now that we've bought our own home, so we went and got a scarecrow door hanging, some electric jack-o-lanterns, etc...

The holiday time of year is so much fun!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a apartment but I have the cutest little Witch to put on my door for halloween, I hope it doesn't get stolen. I wish I could decorate more, I am a compleet craft idiot. I love makeing things to put up around the house.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the leaves are turning here, so I'll be putting them up shortly! I like to put up corn stalks on the front porch with scarecrows in the garden, pumpkins, and a nice fall door wreath! After Thanksgiving (early October here), I'll add the Halloween decorations - more pumpkins, "fake grave stones" a flying bat, a cackling skeleton, and various and sundry other scary things! Oh, and the flashing pumpkin lights! They'll all come down the day after Halloween and then up go the Christmas decorations! My husband tells me our house looks like National Lampoons Christmas Vacation every year by the time I'm done - I don't agree - I think I do more!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't put up any decorations tonight..... but I AM going to put stuff out tomorrow for sure!

I have fall leaves that I put up on top of our cupboards (we have a space between the top fo the cupboards and the ceiling that makes for perfect spots for decorating!) I usually put the fake fall leaves up there with lights intertwined - I love it, its my favorite part.

I had a really fun table cloth to put on my island in my kitchen.... but Harley killed that last year

I have a few window clings, and some cute wall hangings that I'll put up tomorrow. I plan on going to Gordmans the 1st weekend in October and getting some super cute stuff, for super cheap!
For fall and winter decorations

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember much from year to year! But I know we have a Winnie the pooh scarecrow guy for out front and some black cats and my husband brings home straw from work and sets up a whole thing out front but I can't remember it

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soooo excited about decorating this year!! I think we'll wait until the begining of October though. This is the first year that we've actually lived in town (always lived out in the country) so we'll actually get trick-or-treaters!! YAY!! I'm going to put some hay bales and pumpkins out in the front yard and a pretty fall wreath on the door. Hubby saw a scarecrow somewhere that someone had made, that had a pumpkin for a butt and it was bent over and looked like it was mooning you! He wants to make one of those to put in the yard, but we haven't made up our mind fully about that yet.