Fall Down go Boom.. Went to Hospital today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it's been a few days now and it still hurts. I tried to walk w/o the crutches but it just makes it hurt worse. And it still feels a little numb. Godiva I hope your feeling better! I'm a bit pessimistic that I'll be able to return to work Monday. If there's no change by then I'm going to my general doctor. I'm worried that the E doc missed something. Especially with it being numb.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you get better soon!
I think it's a smart idea to go to your regular dr. if it still hurts!

ellen13

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. I fell down some steps a month ago and broke a bone in my left foot. The doctor just gave me a special shoe to wear and gave me vicodan for pain. It's been 4 weeks and my foot still hurts. I have severe osteoporosis and I'm surprised I haven't broken a bone before this.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

So it's been a few days now and it still hurts. I tried to walk w/o the crutches but it just makes it hurt worse. And it still feels a little numb. Godiva I hope your feeling better! I'm a bit pessimistic that I'll be able to return to work Monday. If there's no change by then I'm going to my general doctor. I'm worried that the E doc missed something. Especially with it being numb.
I have my doubts about being able to work, too. I'm a waitress (I'm just a student).... not a good job to have with a broken foot!

I was thinking I should have mine evaluated by a second doc, too... but I asked some internet forum and a doc said to wait four weeks and see if it improves before getting a second X-ray and stuff... that way they'll be able to see the spots on the bone where it has healed (or not healed).

Do you have to wear one of those boot thingies? I do, and I notice it makes my toes numb... but once I take it off, they regain feeling. I think either I put it on too tightly or there's something about the way it fits that cuts off circulation somewhere. Maybe that's your problem?? If that isn't it, I'd definitely at least call the doc or ER you went to and ask what they suggest you do.

Mine is getting better... it still feels all out of place, but it's not so bad otherwise. I do feel this strange pressure in the middle of my foot and my arch, though... it's just odd and unstable. I feel like a bumblefoot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this thing that steadies my ankle so I don't twist it. But it's not a complete boot cast. And I put it on really loosely. I told that doc that I needed time off work because I'm on my feet all day there. He said within a week I should be good and gave me till the 11th off work. That's next Monday. So either he was mistaken in his approximate time to heal or he was wrong in how bad the damage is. I've got a lot of bruising and I can't move my last three toes very well. And I've still got a lot of swelling. I've been taking the pill for inflammation but I only took one pain pill today because I do not have much left. Oh and I fell yet again. But didn't hurt my foot again.. Hurt my pride though.. The crutches got caught on the carpet.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch. Hope you heal really quickly and the swelling and pain decreases even faster.

I tripped once a few months back and had sprained both ankles. The doctor gave me a pain killer as well and had a special brace for both ankles to wear for awhile. I also had to keep them up as much as possible and put a hot/cold pack on them to help reduce the swelling.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sprained my ankle badly last year. The swelling was so bad you could not see where my ankle bone was on my left ankle. It took over a month for the swelling to go down. It took around 3 weeks before I could even wear some of my shoes comfortably. Keep ice on that ankle on and off until the swelling goes away. That is the only thing that helped me with swelling. You can buy an ice pack that wraps around your ankle. These are great because they will stay directly over the swolen area and not fall off or move around.

I was forutunate that this happened while I was unemployed. I had to take an entire month off from interviewing because I could not wear any dress shoes. I could only wear lose fitting beach shoes.