fading kitty

kittykait

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
unfortunately my 1 day old kitten is fading. she was wondering all around but not anymore. we’re feeding her but it’s not working very well. she’s dying. i wanna help her but i can’t all i can do is just watch her die. i wish someone could help but she’s so close to death i can’t do anything. she used to squeal a lot now she only squeals on a scale. she’s 68 grams.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
unfortunately my 1 day old kitten is fading. she was wondering all around but not anymore. we’re feeding her but it’s not working very well. she’s dying. i wanna help her but i can’t all i can do is just watch her die. i wish someone could help but she’s so close to death i can’t do anything. she used to squeal a lot now she only squeals on a scale. she’s 68 grams.
The quick advice is to give her glucose / dextrose sugar. In USA it will be typically a droplet of white caro syrup on her gum, inside the lips.
It gives quick energhy....
Also, a reason why kittens fade is often their blood sugar level is too low...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you manage with this, and she perks up, we will take it from there...

Also, do pray... If it really helps may be discussed, but it helps to give YOU strengh, calm and endurance...

Please continue with reports, so we can give advices stepwise.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep her warm, ie if its not summer hot at your place, you must actively keep her warmed up....

I suppose she is orphan, or momma isnt taking care of her?

68 grammes is low, its not extremely low and normally there should be good hope; but its anyways a red flag.

Is she premature or fully haired and done??

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no friend,do not just watch-you must act and StefanZ StefanZ has given you excellent advise - for STARTERS..... I have no idea how you came upon is teeny kitten but since you have you must act quickly

I also Believe with all my heart that prayer and FAITH results in many a Miracle.....if this little one responds to the glucose as she should it is the beginning of road to recovery

Do you have a Vet ?Can you wrap her up and rush her to the Vet? Kittens tinier than this can overcome with help,my 11 lb Bengal running around the house is proof of that- I fought to keep him alive through the night under a towel with steam as he could hardly breathe so he'd make it to my Vet in the morning and he survived .... praying for you and little one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykait

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my mom won’t take her. my siblings keep arguohh my with her but her stance is “she’s gonna die anyways why spend money”

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
my mom won’t take her. my siblings keep arguohh my with her but her stance is “she’s gonna die anyways why spend money”
So that is why you must try and fight on... I can agree rushing to a vet doesnt always help but will cost. Not all vets are good with taking care of weak kittens... Or even, most vets arent good with this, unless they or their vet assistent cooperate with resucers or active breeders.

So unless you do have a rescuer nearby, the best bet is YOU fight on.... An alternative is to submit her; either to a shelter, or a vet. She will surely be pts, but its better than slow painful dying.

But if you cant so you cant... Not all persons are practically a saint, its no shame not to be.

ps. With submit means, you give them the kitten; and say, I do submit the kitten to you, its not longer mine...

Its done sometimes when desperate enough. Such a kitten is usually immediately pts, but sometimes, if they have a rescuer at hand whom has time and place, or want to train the vet assistant, they may try to save the kitten.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I certainly remember what that feels like from when I was a child,I'm sorry -my heart hurts for you...... and even more for this helpless little kitty,can any adults help get you to a shelter or rescue,anywhere?

Still hoping,praying.... fight on & do the best you can with what you can