Facebook Apps

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I personally find many myspace backgrounds annoying to look at and love the clean look of facebook, it is all personal preference though
I agree with you on that one, as far as the annoying backgrounds, because so many people have no idea what they're doing. However, if you just know a little bit of html, you can make a beautiful profile. However, I agree there are some people who would be wise to just leave their profile a plain white.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I agree with you on that one, as far as the annoying backgrounds, because so many people have no idea what they're doing. However, if you just know a little bit of html, you can make a beautiful profile. However, I agree there are some people who would be wise to just leave their profile a plain white.
I find it annoying when you have to drag your mouse over the wording and have to "highlight" everything to read it.....why would you do that on purpose is beyond me!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I find it annoying when you have to drag your mouse over the wording and have to "highlight" everything to read it.....why would you do that on purpose is beyond me!
You wouldn't have to, if people would make their tables "solid" colours instead of transparent. You have no trouble reading the text on my MySpace site, because all of my tables are a solid colour.

One of the things I have always hated about many MySpace pages, is the fact that you have to scroll sideways in order to see the entire page, however with a little html you can limit the size of images that your friends add to your site, literally shrinking the oversized images, so that no one has to scroll sideways.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I find I get less weirdoes contacting me on facebook personally
I dont have any weirdos asking for friends on Facebook- only on Myspace

Some of the apps make the page too cluttery, but I like some of them!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I dont have any weirdos asking for friends on Facebook- only on Myspace

Some of the apps make the page too cluttery, but I like some of them!
Cluttery eh? not like my page...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My myspace page is set up so its readable, though it hasnt always been that way
My bf's on the otherhand is a mess, when he makes his own background... might as well not try reading it! I dont visit his page often for those reasons. However on a laptop my whole page fits, on my pc... it doesnt. That again is bf's issue. We have like 20 flippin tool bars.