F3 Savannah Cat Pregnant But Worried

Elsalagrace22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone I have a f3 Savannah cat named Littles, she's my little queen. She's about a year and a half old. She's definitely pregnant with at least 4-5 kittens maybe more I'm not sure. Our tom boy took a strong liking to her if you know what I mean. This is her first and last pregnancy.

But I am worried, she was in heat no longer than August 12th. But I do know cats can get pregnant when not in heat. I started to notice her nipples pinking around the 12th of September. But I was away from the 7-11th with military duties so it may have been starting before unsure. Well anyways my concern is she's have a rough pregancy, the little ones have been kicking around since around October 5th isssh according to my husband. I was away for a month at the time again military duties. I came home the 11th and definitely felt movement.

I have set up multiple nesting boxes in multiple rooms for her but she's rejecting all of them! She has been under my living room table or between the table and the couch and I know she's chosen this area.

But yesterday the 23rd I saw a clear liquid coming out of her nipples. Very small amount. Today it's more obvious and increased quantity wise. It's like clearish and milky. Is this normal? I thought when queens between to express liquid that means within the next 48 hours she will be birthing.... she's been lazy most of today and yesterday too. And today only nipples at food once. And drank lots of water. But she's been puking here and there. She just puked about an hour ago it was all water though. She's been cleaning herself too more than normal. And now laying down. Also her belly is a little stiff not much you can feel the kittens definitely. Not so much round round sometimes shifts greatly.

I'm just worried about the puking and wondering if she is ready to give birth? I'm just a little worried it's my first litter as an adult. My mom rescued cats and one time a cat we had who we thought was fat jumped up on the bed next to me one night and book gave birth to 5 kittens right then and there next to me. But littles is my pride and joy and my little queen and I'm worried.

If she doesnt go into labor by the end of tomorrow I shall be calling the vet.

She also had a issue before when she first mated when she was about 8 months old. About two weeks after mating a reddish brown discharge was coming out of her vaginal area. We took her to the vet and they thought she had something in her and we did ultrasounds and x rays and there was NOTHING. Literally nothing and they could not find anything wrong with her. She had a slight temp but that was it. About three weeks later she goes into heat and the discharge stopped and I was advise to wait another 5 month before trying to mate her. She will be a year and 7 months on November 8th.

Sorry for the long post I'm just trying to explain every detail so everyone knows.

All advice will be greatly appreciated. I would take her temperature but do not have a thermometer on hand and won't be able to get one for a day or two. I'll upload a picture of her.

Attachments

JessixaLuci

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if your very concern you can take her to a vet, perhaps she is gonna have them soon and her body is preparing for it, my cat is pregnant as well but I haven't experienced the symptoms from her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats can get milk in up to a week before delivery. It sounds like she may be in early labor. However, labor can take quite awhile.

Let her have the kittens wherever she is comfortable. You can move them later.

It's good you plan to spay her after this litter. Please keep her separated from the tom at all times until then.