Ez Complete Act Food

TheHuntress87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am wondering about this food! Are people using it alongside kibble or actual meat, and what are people works with it the most. I have 9 cats and I only feed them grain free but I am looking for a cost effective way to feed them raw and just get rid of the kibble all together.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
EZComplete is a powdered vitamin / mineral supplement that turns meat, either raw or cooked, into a complete meal. It is not a supplement to sprinkle over dry or canned food. Most people feed raw or home cooked meat with EZComplete or other pre-mix as the sole diet but one could include some canned or dry food in the diet as well.

Several members feed EZComplete to their cats. I'm not sure if anyone has as many as 9 cats, though. Buying meat can be expensive for that many cats. Some people buy meat from a supermarket or butcher shop or direct from a farm. Others buy from Hare-Today.com and other raw pet food sources.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used EZ Complete for about 6 months, but it was too expensive with 6 cats. I do still home cook, but purchased my own supplements to add to their food. I order some from Hare Today and then find other proteins from the supermarket. My cats get chicken, turkey, beef, pork and occasionally rabbit.

EZ complete was very easy to use and the customer service is top notch! It was the easiest way for me to start home cooking.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed our two cats one meal of EZ Complete, made with cooked meat, a day. They love it and it's been very good for their rather sensitive digestive systems.

I wouldn't say EZ is "cheap" because it certainly won't save money over, say, Fancy Feast or most dry food, but depending on how much you spend on meat (and, of course, what cuts you buy), it's priced competitively with medium- and high-priced canned foods. The best part for us is that it brings good variety to our cats' diet, they enjoy eating it, and I don't have concerns about ingredients like carrageenan or carby vegetable. Our cats' other foods are mostly commercial raw, though they also get one canned meal a day.

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For those of you that use EZComplete, do you mix a large batch, portion and freeze or do you mix the EZComplete in with the meat at the time that you are ready to feed or do you mix a couple of days worth and refrigerate?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You make a batch of food with the EZComplete, portion, and serve or freeze. EZComplete has the full directions on the web site: How to Prepare and Feed EZcomplete fur Cats

It looks like EZComplete has instructions for an individual portion of food. This will work if you are trying out EZComplete to see if your cat will even eat the food.

Other premixes have slightly different directions so always read and follow the directions accurately to avoid over or under supplementing the meat.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you that use EZComplete, do you mix a large batch, portion and freeze or do you mix the EZComplete in with the meat at the time that you are ready to feed or do you mix a couple of days worth and refrigerate?
I make and mix a large batch, portion, and freeze. The cats have a slight preference for the supplement to be mixed in just before eating but that's a lot more work for me! I never leave meat mixed with supplement in the refrigerator for more than a day because the enzymes break down the meat and make it mushy.