Eyesight

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to tell when a cat is losing eyesight? Ebony in 2018 went completely blind and deaf and I'm scared the same thing will happen to Tigger

in case Tigger catches brain cancer like Ebony got :(

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A vet can check for certain signs, but I would imagine that it would take a specialty vet in ophthalmology to do any degree of tests to help identify if there are any specific related issues going on.

Regardless of whether or not Ebony and Tigger were blood siblings, it does not automatically mean that what happened to Ebony will happen to Tigger.

I personally wouldn't put so much effort into worrying about it. The best you can do - if you are seeing signs about Tigger's eyesight that concern you - is to start a conversation with your vet and go from there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ebony and Tigger was not related to each other, they came from different rescues in different areas, first time they met was when I adopted Tigger <3

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ebony and Tigger was not related to each other, they came from different rescues in different areas, first time they met was when I adopted Tigger <3
Meaning, the likelihood of a 'repeat' is even less!!! But, even so, some cats do lose some eyesight and hearing as they age. Most learn to adapt much better than we humans! Just get Tigger checked out if you have specific concerns!