Eyes are the Window to the Soul

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only editing was to adjust the color of the picture as a whole and sharpen the pictures a bit. I hope you enjoy

Blizzard

Blizzard

Blizzard

Blizzard

Lynx

Lynx

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow

Blizzard's eyes are absolutely stunning. I always find blue-eyed kitties' expressions particularly haunting (in a good way, of course), but Blizzard's eyes are just gorgeous. The blue of his eyes are as bright as the sky and as deep as the ocean. Perhaps the haunting trait I mentioned earlier is because I feel cats with blue eyes have a human quality to them. They draw you in. And, Blizzard is no exception. He is just a beautiful cat.

And, Lynx is quite special as well. His green eyes are striking and I love the black markings that extend on either side of his eyes. And, his coloring as a whole gives him such character. He looks almost as if he is brooding -- you know, a la Robert Pattinson from Twilight. He just has an intense look. Quiet, strong, and unnerved. I could be completely wrong, but that's the beauty about photography...it's open for interpretation...

Your cats are absolutely gorgeous. And, your photos are equally so. Thank you for sharing them.

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Those are adorable sharp eyes. Lynx nose is so cute too!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful photos. I could get lost in Blizzzard's eyes! They're very hypnotic.The marking on Lynx's nose is so cute. I love those eyes as well. Such sweet kitties

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful! What kind of camera do you use? Mine broke and as I am looking for a new one, I might as well get one I really want, so any tips are welcome. My old one did not take good close ups, and I do long to take shots like yours.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Those are beautiful shots, and beautiful kitties. I also love the markings around Lynx's eyes. I love the middle picture of Lynx, where he looks so alert, and his whisker-pads around his nose are all puffed out with his whiskers looking like antennae.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lynx's face looks an awful lot like my Prowler... just a little more brown tabby-ish than Prow. Lovely pics; lovely subjects.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

Wow

Blizzard's eyes are absolutely stunning. I always find blue-eyed kitties' expressions particularly haunting (in a good way, of course), but Blizzard's eyes are just gorgeous. The blue of his eyes are as bright as the sky and as deep as the ocean. Perhaps the haunting trait I mentioned earlier is because I feel cats with blue eyes have a human quality to them. They draw you in. And, Blizzard is no exception. He is just a beautiful cat.

And, Lynx is quite special as well. His green eyes are striking and I love the black markings that extend on either side of his eyes. And, his coloring as a whole gives him such character. He looks almost as if he is brooding -- you know, a la Robert Pattinson from Twilight. He just has an intense look. Quiet, strong, and unnerved. I could be completely wrong, but that's the beauty about photography...it's open for interpretation...

Your cats are absolutely gorgeous. And, your photos are equally so. Thank you for sharing them.
Well, Lynx was trying to decide if he dared to go for the food with me so close to it. Do I, don't I, do I, don't I....

I used a Nikon D60 (I think
). It works really well for taking close up pictures but for some reason takes better pictures if I am 7 feet away from the cat I am photographing. So I just zoom in and go from there.

I took a lot more pictures last night, playing with the aperture. I'm trying to get a picture to enter in the fair so am taking a lot of pictures. I have a few more I like of Blizzard and Lynx, as well as a few of Nightmare's eyes (the only part of the picture that shows up are his eyes so it looks really cool).

Thanks everyone for the comments! I really appreciate them

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Absolutely gorgeous cats! But I think you should share the pix of Nightmare too!

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These pictures are truly stunning, and of course the cats are gorgeous. I look forward to more!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are AMAZING photos - and their eyes are SO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, uh, where's my favorite? We need Chester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Those are AMAZING photos - and their eyes are SO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, uh, where's my favorite? We need Chester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

I don't think you would want to see some pictures of Chester from the night I took Blizzard and Lynx's. Unless you like the looks of a cats face after they got beef liver blood all over their face...from cleaning out the bucket I had put the liver in. Its not too cute