Eye injury

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Tom from our feral colony we have him and one fixed female left anyway he came in this evening accidentally and my 7 y/o mignon attacked him anyway now mignons left eye is producing a thick milky discharge and the color part is cloudy and our vet isn't open till 8 am no emergency vet with in 100 mi and the nearest one in st Joe I can't afford and don't want to stress him with an hour and a half each way round trip I'm praying he's going to be okay till morning when we can get into his Vet and I'm praying also it's not to severe he's always had depth perception issues sence a mystery illness at 8 weeks when he stoped eating drinking and playing and had to be force fed on a newborn kitten schedule for the better part of a week after 2 weeks he had recovered but his fur turned silver and his vision had been affected anyway I'm praying it won't need surgery he's only been away from me once and it traumatized him (sent him to stay with an aunt during home remodel and termite remidiation when he was about 10 months old he was their January threw April then came home that November his dog sibling who was 12 passed on from diabetes complications and that affected him badly as well, he's every inch the mamas boy and is scheduled for nutering next month I'm just worried about him and I'm rambling so thanks for listening any advice is appreciated thanks. Ohh and I confined him to a pet carrier for the night after smeering a dose of nutra gel on him. Pic taken this morning before fight.
IMG_20211203_111133890.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry your thread was unable to be answered last night but I'm assuming by now your vet's office is open and you have already contacted them. Is that correct? I don't know if this Article will necessarily have any pertinent advice for you but thought I would mention it for your information: Eye Problems In Cats: What Every Owner Needs To Know – TheCatSite Articles
Since Mignon got into an altercation with a feral tom cat the problem he is having with the discharge from his eye needs medical treatment, e.g. an antibiotic. Your vet will have the necessary equipment to examine his eye and determine how it should be handled. Wishing you the best of luck, please let us know if you were able to reach your vet this morning. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is eye looks better this morning not cloudy not running a bit watery but otherwise you can't tell that he ever heard it last night the vet didn't have time for him today she had to do farm calls and the other vet is way too expensive at twice her price for the office call she said to monitor him today call her in the morning if there's any change or if there's not change and she might be able to work them in tomorrow otherwise we have an appointment for 8:45 Thursday morning he seems better today though so with any luck he'll just probably need an antibiotic to make sure there's no infection. Baby is two and bigger than him and they had fought by the litter box I think maybe a piece of kitty litter got in his eye but baby's back where he belongs and all is good baby will be neutered come spring he was supposed to be neutered back in the fall but that got put off because the lady who was going to help me with the cost of it ended up with covid so that's put off till spring when it's warmer. Thank you for the advice and the article I think he's going to be okay we'll see what that says on Thursday unless it gets worse overnight.